Repainted tractors

/ Repainted tractors #11  
I've repainted a Kubota B7000, a 70's electric forklift and a 62 Toselli Crawler. All of them were disassembled, cleaned, painted and put back together.

I only have pictures of the Toselli though. I've actually sold the tractor before I finished it 100%. The hood was going to have all the dents took out and painted but never happened.

Before:

IMG_2520.JPG
IMG_2515.JPG

And after:

HPIM4739.JPG
HPIM4743.JPG
IMG_5015.JPG

/ Repainted tractors #12  
Just realized fredricks is where I bought my mahindra roxor from had no idea they had a paint booth

About 5 miles to the south is their restoration facility. It's an awesome place. Better than a Henry Ford original assembly line. They are dedicated to restoring Yanmars and John Deere vintage machines.

When I lived in the Nashville rural area, they were just over an hour drive away. Wish I was back down there in your area. But jobs dried up and my career took my life in a different direction and place sadly.

/ Repainted tractors
About 5 miles to the south is their restoration facility. It's an awesome place. Better than a Henry Ford original assembly line. They are dedicated to restoring Yanmars and John Deere vintage machines.
When I lived in the Nashville rural area, they were just over an hour drive away. Wish I was back down there in your area. But jobs dried up and my career took my life in a different direction and place sadly.
Sorry to hear that

/ Repainted tractors #17  
I've seen more than my share of 'restore' jobs that I call .the 5 gallon finish' Paint right over old grease and paint everything just like old Earl Schieb used to do way back when. 'We paint any car any color for just $49.95...' Remember that? Had an old VW beetle I had the $49.95 'diamond hard' paint job on. They even painted the tires and then went over them with black paint.

Seen a few JD that had the 5 gallon finish on as well. Looked good from a distance, closer you got the worse they looked and like I said, when you got real close you could see where the idiot had painted right over old dried on grease. Amazing and they wanted top buck for that 'restored' unit too. I'm sure they were well maintained examples.... NOT.

/ Repainted tractors #18  
I used Valspar low gloss black inplement paint on my skidsteer bucket, and you could hardly wear the stuff off.

/ Repainted tractors #19  
Seen a few JD that had the 5 gallon finish on as well. Looked good from a distance, closer you got the worse they looked and like I said, when you got real close you could see where the idiot had painted right over old dried on grease. Amazing and they wanted top buck for that 'restored' unit too. I'm sure they were well maintained examples.... NOT.
I know what you are saying but there's demand so you'll continue seeing them. Used tractors is big business in N. Tx and people pay for shine so tractor jockeys give them what they like. You can have two tractors,both with weathered paint,one tired and worn out,the other in good overall mechanical condition. Slap paint on the beater,do nothing to the other and the beater with new paint will sell twice as quick for twice the price. When it come's to tractors,the old saying "what you see is what you get" is sadly misinterpited. It's hard to find a Ford N that doesn't have 7 coats of paint,5 of them blue. A few years ago a excited friend came by to show me the 1963 Shelby Ranchero he just bought. The seller claimed and my friend believed the truck was all origional. Truck had 3 on the tree,2bbl carb and overspray from poor taping but my friend was happy so that's what count's.

/ Repainted tractors #20  
A number of years ago I refurbished my fathers BX23 for him for Christmas. It was a lot of work dis assembling it all but it turned out really good. I also did my L3700 a number of years ago due to faded orange paint. It still looks good today