Renting

/ Renting #1  

kevin37b

Veteran Member
Tractor
john deere
I see numerous posts on what machine do I need . Tractor ,rough cut , finishcut mowers , skidsteer , mini ex , and 90% of the replies are rent it and see if you like it . WTF do you people have for rental yards , they must be very flexible . You will rent nothing from a dealer without commercial ins . here . The RENT THIS RENT THAT must be way easier where you folks are .

/ Renting #2  
I had a place that would rent 3pt attachments about an hour from me, $75/day $300/week for a tiller, but they closed just over a year ago. Only one local tractor dealer does rent equipment.... but you do need proof of a minimum of $1M in commercial liability insurance, doesn't matter if you are renting an excavator or a plow!!

/ Renting #3  
Just 15? miles from you,in Champaign,is Rental City-they don't even mention insurance on their web.Looks pretty easy to rent there if you are 18 and have a drivers license!

/ Renting #4  
We have a rental place eighteen miles away that will deliver a mini x, track loader, tractor etc., so yes I recommend rental where feasible, if not then don't, no need to get all excited about it. So much for trying to help someone.

/ Renting #5  
I live in the sticks and I have a rental place less than 15 miles from the house. Has Kubota tractors and TLB's as well as different skid steers and mini excavators etc.
Very easy and friendly to deal with. They have all kinds of stuff but just have to make sure you call ahead and reserve it, especially for a weekend.

/ Renting #6  
Some locations seem to have rental places on every corner, other places... not so much. I had 3 rental places, I am talking construction, hand and automotive tools, in the next town over, less than 8 miles from my house. Several years ago... they all shut down within a month of each other, no explanation why. I am suspicious it might have been either a state law or an insurance regulation change. One of them was a Home Depot, no renting anything at that HD any more, but I understand you still can at others??