Removing the Fuel Injector Pump

/ Removing the Fuel Injector Pump
I have the JD254 tool. What I do not picture is the markings on the gears. On automobiles that I have worked on there were center punch dimples on the gears just below the teeth. The gears on my machine have no outer marks, What do the marks look like?

/ Removing the Fuel Injector Pump #32  
That is the mark and the line is hoe your tool must line up with the senter of the gear. 20201104_045541.jpeg

/ Removing the Fuel Injector Pump #34  
Lets try again.
That is the mark on the camgear.
That mark must aline under the long leg of your tool shaped like a Y20201107_070720.jpeg

/ Removing the Fuel Injector Pump #36  
The same wil apply to the pumpgear. If the engine is a 3 sil you work with the no 3....if it is a 4 sil then you work with the no 4. And the same applies to a 6 sil engin !
Then you slide the idler in and recheck your markings on the gears !

I am now in the process of rebuilding the diesel engine and the TM calls for the rod cap bolts to be torqued to a value of 150 lb-in [12.5 lb-ft] with an additional turn of 60 degrees. This is about 1/4 of the torque required for gasoline engines. This value seems awful low. Is my TM right?

I seem to be missing part T26496 in my engine rebuilding as I can not find any part that look like the illustration. Furthermore, I cannot see how the anything is retained since the screw heads meet the aperture of the cam hub as seen in the photo of the gear. The gear is recessed from the gear face by 50/1000 inch, but bolting a washer would not retain the gear. I have been unsuccessful in finding this part with any vendor Can anyone shed light on this part as to how it works and a source for a replacement?

Attachments

• Pump.jpg
    Pump.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 157
  • Gear1.jpg
    Gear1.jpg
    2.9 MB · Views: 152
  • Gear2.jpg
    Gear2.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 144