Removing the Chains of Bondage...

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #51  
Yea... I've got brand new R1's on my JD300, with 2000# of rear counterweight. On ice, it's a pig on skates.
Rest of the time it's fabulous.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #52  
You are a man who could use another tractor.
I hear ya. I was telling my wife the same thing. She told me tractors are not like shoes. That doesn't seem right. lol

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #53  
Ah you need a pair at least, then two pair are handier :D

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #54  
Well danged glad my chains are still on, forecast 1-2" of snow has been 5" of heavy wet snow that as soon as you drive on it becomes packed snow ice. Went to town this afternoon had to chew my way back up the driveway. Fired up the tractor and used the backblade to blade off the driveway before my wife gets home from work to try it. Gotten a half inch since I did it so we will see.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #55  
Took off snowblower Saturday, Monday we got 8'' of snow and I smacked a deer on the way home in a blizzard.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #56  
Glad I followed my own advice, 4" on the ground and more coming. Might have to get out there tonight to start the cleanup.:eek:

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #57  
People around here can blame me for the miniscule 1" we got today. I took the plow off the Quad. Wife said it was a bad idea two days ago. But in my defense my neighbor who plows many driveways aroud here and is a lifetime resident too the one off his truck first.

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #58  
Cleaning up a parking lot today. Chains? Good thing about this machine, it doesn't need to be on earth to push snow away. :LOL: The bump on the left is a very large picnic table.
P1040675.jpg
P1040670.jpg
P1040679.jpg

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage...
Your words of wisdom convinced me not to play my version of "Unchained Melody" just yet...

With 4" of 32* heavy, sticky snow yesterday...and 6-8" in the forecast for the weekend.

Looks like Mud Fest may be delayed another week or two

/ Removing the Chains of Bondage... #60  
I would like to take the rear blower and front blade off but my storage sites are under the berms from the snow sliding off the pole barn roof. If I get a little more melting I might have space elsewhere to store them for a bit. I would like to get to cutting some firewood and slash burning. The implements are much easier to put back on than the chains so they will stay on for now.