Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway
Apply Tide, then rinse. Sooner the better. (Before someone asks, yes, the liquid, not the powder or the pods)
I did a double application of kitty litter and will do another tomorrow. Anything else you suggest?

The kitty litter granules I have removed are definitely soaked with oil.

Here’s what spilled. It’s used in both the CVT transmissions and the hydraulic reservoirs of my Challenger and my Massey.
To me, it’s hydraulic oil.
1701900721031.png

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #34  
I got a regular oil stain out of concrete using the laundry detergent method. Involved scrubbing and soaking more scrubbing. Good luck.

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #35  
I had to clean an oil stain on asphalt and concrete where I spilled the oil on my garage floor and it ran out onto the asphalt driveway. I used kitty litter. I poured some on the oil, let it sit for maybe 15 minutes, swept it up and then poured more on the stain. Then I ground the kitty litter into the stain with my feet and let it sit overnight. This treatment removed almost all of the stain so I poured more litter on, ground it into the stain again, and let it sit for several days. This worked. The stain was gone. I don't know how long you can let stuff sit on the stain but it might be worth a try. Unless it rains.
Eric

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #36  
I did a double application of kitty litter and will do another tomorrow. Anything else you suggest?

Nope, just the Tide. It should pull the oil up to the top. i would advise against pressure washing as it will loosen the aggregate. But I'm sure you know that. Might need two applications of the Tide, depending on the amount of oil.

Tide huh? Would have never thought that would be preferred over dawn

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #38  

Maybe try driving back and forth over the cat litter. My experience with granular products is they don’t work very good until they get broke up into dust. I prefer using sawdust preferably small chips like a tablesaw makes. Really small dust like a drum sander makes is better yet.

Maybe try driving back and forth over the cat litter. My experience with granular products is they don’t work very good until they get broke up into dust. I prefer using sawdust preferably small chips like a tablesaw makes. Really small dust like a drum sander makes is better yet.
I wanted to do that, but was worried I’d make stains further down the driveway from oil that gets on the tires.
However, I am going to try that tomorrow. I have another way to pulverize the cat litter into powder

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #40  
I wanted to do that, but was worried I’d make stains further down the driveway from oil that gets on the tires.
However, I am going to try that tomorrow. I have another way to pulverize the cat litter into powder
Any luck?