Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #52  
Had the misfortune of blowing a transmission oil return line down onto a customers driveway. Immediately Did the usual dose of kitty litter/absorbent.
This is no puddle. It’s a 100-150 foot long puddle.
Kitty litter did a decent job on what oil was laying on the surface, but now I still have the stain. I have been given a few different suggestions on remediation.

1. Wait until it dries and seal driveway. Issue with that is the driveway is 1000’ long. Might look odd to seal only 100-150’ of it. Whole driveway would be very expensive

2. Power-wash driveway with a Dawn & water mixture. Still pondering this solution.

Anyone else had luck with a very large stain like this?

View attachment 835440

View attachment 835441
I would be inclined to think that the asphalt might be affected by the oil as "Paulsharvey" mentions but if not affected I would give a try to Nano Soaps.
There was one I used to buy that was sold under "NanoGreen" but I can't find it anymore. This was a product developed as a fungicide for rice blight that was an incredible plant booster but was also an incredible de-greaser. (I remember from the website the claim that the US Navy was using it at sea, as non toxic de-greaser).
It was fairly expensive (like $100/gallon) but was used in 1 to 600 ratio.
That stuff was incredible for cleaning oil. One drop would instantly emulsify old motor oil mixed in water allowing to wash the container without leaving any oil mark.
I am sure that you would be able to find it under a different name while searching for nano soaps.

So if the asphalt is not affected I would try this on a small portion and would try to spray it on brush it in and then vacuum while rinsing.
On the other hand, if you have insurance maybe you should just let the insurance deal with it...!

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #53  
Test on a small area first

WD-40. Spray this product onto the oil stain and let it sit for about 30 minutes. WD-40 is strong enough to not require scrubbing to remove the stain. If needed, you can choose to scrub the surface with a hard bristle brush before rinsing it off with water after another 30 minutes

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #54  
Had the misfortune of blowing a transmission oil return line down onto a customers driveway. Immediately Did the usual dose of kitty litter/absorbent.
Kitty litter did a decent job on what oil was laying on the surface, but now I still have the stain. I have been given a few different suggestions on remediation.

1. Wait until it dries and seal driveway. Issue with that is the driveway is 1000’ long. Might look odd to seal only 100-150’ of it. Whole driveway would be very expensive

2. Power-wash driveway with a Dawn & water mixture. Still pondering this solution.

View attachment 835440

View attachment 835441
Purple power from wally world.
My neighbor has great luck with using Purple Power from Walmart .
It's worth a try!
Good luck

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #55  
I do have a weed torch and a full tank of propane.
Shortly after finishing my brand new asphalt driveway, a different contractor began working on my entry gates. His older, leaky truck was parked on the lower driveway-- staining the brand new asphalt in many areas.

He hired someone to come out with a weed torch to work it. It's not perfect, but a *lot* better than it was in the beginning. Previously, it was obvious where the stains were. Now if I point them out someone can see them. Quite a difference.

I don't know if he helped or harmed the long term longevity of the asphalt by using the torch. But it did visibly improve the look.

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #56  

View attachment 835440

View attachment 835441
The asphalt pavement is mainly oil and rock you just added a layer. No worries.

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #57  

View attachment 835440

View attachment 835441
Sorry about your bad luck.
Hope the Trans is OK. That looks like a newer Driveway and after a year it will fade into the asphalt. Only other way I know of is to seal it in a year or so.
If it is still fresh, you could try dry sand and leave it on for a few weeks. It may absorb or sink into the substrate.

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #58  
Shortly after finishing my brand new asphalt driveway, a different contractor began working on my entry gates. His older, leaky truck was parked on the lower driveway-- staining the brand new asphalt in many areas.

He hired someone to come out with a weed torch to work it. It's not perfect, but a *lot* better than it was in the beginning. Previously, it was obvious where the stains were. Now if I point them out someone can see them. Quite a difference.

I don't know if he helped or harmed the long term longevity of the asphalt by using the torch. But it did visibly improve the look.
The heat blended the added oil with the asphalt oil. I wonder how much damage they did to the asphalt by heating the surface with a torch. Time will tell.

/ Removing Oil stains on asphalt driveway #60