Remove the loader

/ Remove the loader #1  

sengli

Silver Member
Tractor
RK55HSC
On my new RK55, there wasnt any OJT offered when I picked up the tractor. I had a bobcat tractor before, and used to pop off the loader a lot, for mowing. I did get the loader off the RK55 today for the first time, but it was a lot harder to accomplish. The large pins wouldnt easily come out with the loader raised.

Anyone else have any advise for making it easier? Was there something in the manual that I missed?

Last edited:
   / Remove the loader #2  
The ON/OFF function of my FEL is straight forward. For some strange reason - it's well explained in the FEL Op Manual. Eleven years - I've removed/reinstalled the FEL once. Just to see how it works. Otherwise - the FEL is a permanent feature on the tractor - along with the grapple.

Most likely - it will become easier as you gain experience.

/ Remove the loader #3  
Like oosik I took the loader off my last tractor once just to see how it was done. I've never taken it off my current tractor - no reason to. It makes a great counter balance for my mower and the only other times I'm using my tractor the loader is usually involved. As far as you loader you may try to see the point at which the weight is removed from the large pins. You could also lubricate them for ease of removal.

/ Remove the loader
Looks like the pins on mine were just hard to extract due the unit setting for a year on the lot outside. I have lubed them up and the loader went back on, much easier than expected. I take the loader for mowing, it makes it easier to get closer to my woods.