Remove Latex Paint From Clothing

/ Remove Latex Paint From Clothing #11  
For me those clothes with paint and grease spots are now dedicated work clothes. Go buy some new ones.
Ya you got that right. Its not time or cost effective to try get the paint out.
1701692472795.jpeg

Last edited:
   / Remove Latex Paint From Clothing
For me its an almost new pair of jeans that I got paint on.

Other pairs I agree that they just become work clothing.

/ Remove Latex Paint From Clothing #15  
I have plenty of clothes. I have 56 T-shirts. This collection began when the wife bought me a brand new Harley Davidson in 1998. Bought a new HD t-shirt every time we went to a new town with a HD dealership. Together the wife and I covered a lot of territory on the Harley.

I still have HD T-shirts that were purchased in 1998. Still in good shape. As you can guess. All I ever wear is T-shirts and jeans.

If the occasion requires a better set of duds - I'll be watching from the outside.

/ Remove Latex Paint From Clothing #17  
I used to use isopropyl Alcohol for water based paint removal and MEK for oil based paint.
A lot of work (time) scrubbing with a toothbrush and rinsing.

Now I use the method posted by @mikester .
For me those clothes with paint and grease spots are now dedicated work clothes. Go buy some new ones.

/ Remove Latex Paint From Clothing #18  
Many years ago, I used to be able to get a hand cleaner called Cupran "New", it was an incredible laundry stain remover.

It would remove even dried automotive paints.

It's incredibly expensive now, if you can even find it.

The best practical way to remove dried latex paint is with denatured alcohol. But, most solvents like lacquer thinner, and Xylene, will also work.

You have to chose a way to keep it wet long enough to soften it all. But, in a few minutes it starts to work.

/ Remove Latex Paint From Clothing #19  
I second the Xylene to soften all paints. for fun I gathered up several old paint brushes that I had found in bean cans I had forgotten about. A good soak over night and using a brush comb and they were back to life. You do have to wrap they in stiff paperboard to get the shape back.

For fabric, I would think you would need to place the fabric/spot on a pc of aluminum foil, soak spot with Xylene and cover with foil and place something heavy to seal it. add a bit more Xylene to keep moist. Then scrape the paint off. Rinse and repeat?

/ Remove Latex Paint From Clothing #20  
I second the Xylene to soften all paints. for fun I gathered up several old paint brushes that I had found in bean cans I had forgotten about. A good soak over night and using a brush comb and they were back to life. You do have to wrap they in stiff paperboard to get the shape back.

For fabric, I would think you would need to place the fabric/spot on a pc of aluminum foil, soak spot with Xylene and cover with foil and place something heavy to seal it. add a bit more Xylene to keep moist. Then scrape the paint off. Rinse and repeat?
Toluene works even better but both are bad for your gonads