Releasing pressure on QA.

/ Releasing pressure on QA.
temperature difference will do that even if all the pressure is released… i loose the connector as well it happened to me a few times

I didn't go back and check but probably ask this question every spring.

When I connect or disconnect I shut everything down, lower the grapple or bucket until no pressure. Then, since I have a diverter valve turn the key back on and release the pressure there. I was a bit surprised at how much fluid came out when I cracked the threads on my grapple, just from the change in temperature.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #13  
Like many, I struggle with this problem on my grapple with flat faced couplers.

First off, I work the lever on the tractor to relieve pressure with the power on but engine off. That helps some.

Next, I made some add-on jaws for a short pipe clamp that allow me to put a squeeze on the fittings once I can get them just barely started. Then I go back and keep working the lever to relieve pressure as in the first step. Tighten clamp, relieve pressure, rinse repeat until one goes together. Often one of them goes together easier than the other.

Someone is now selling bar clamps that do the same thing that the one I made does. Probably the easier way to go.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #14  
What are your method for this? I took my grapple off one cold snowy night. Today it's about 20 degrees warmer and the sun is beating down: the fluid had expanded enough so that I had to crack the lines (loosen the QA) to let fluid bleed out.
Has anybody found a better way to relieve excess pressure when putting on an implement?
I had similar issues last year when taking the grapple and FEL cutter off in cool temps and trying to reconnect then in the afternoon when it was 90°+

I tried most of the above mentioned tricks, but most of the time I was either having to crack open fittings a bit or use the hammer method to relieve pressure.

I finally broke down and bought these pressure relief tools, no issues since (not for everyone and I know this is a love/hate topic, but I'm lazy) 😎
Screenshot_20240331_205545_Samsung Internet.jpg

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #15  
Open the grapple to 3/4 open.

Shut off tractor.

Turn key on to power 3rd function valve but do not start tractor

Press the 3rg function button until clamps come down by gravity.

Disconnect the lines and plug both hoses together

Take grapple off.

Works every time.
Even though I don’t have the same issue, this with no doubt would work. This will drain most of the oil out of the cylinders so it can’t build pressure.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #18  
^ Yep that's the one I saw, though it was well after I had made my own.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #19  
I had similar issues last year when taking the grapple and FEL cutter off in cool temps and trying to reconnect then in the afternoon when it was 90°+

I tried most of the above mentioned tricks, but most of the time I was either having to crack open fittings a bit or use the hammer method to relieve pressure.

I finally broke down and bought these pressure relief tools, no issues since (not for everyone and I know this is a love/hate topic, but I'm lazy) 😎
View attachment 859934

Got a set of those, myself. I would recommend them.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #20  
For twin hose apps: One problem cause is that both hose ends usually have male fittings. If you exchange these (and you must also change them on the pressure source) to a male & female setup, you can plug the two ends of the attachment hoses together. This keeps dirt, water, and pressure buildups out of the hoses, although the implement cylinder can now move slowly on it's own. End of problem at this location.
It also eliminates the connection puzzle of getting them on the correct outlets.