Releasing pressure on QA.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #1  

Jstpssng

Epic Contributor
Tractor
Kubota L3301
What are your method for this? I took my grapple off one cold snowy night. Today it's about 20 degrees warmer and the sun is beating down: the fluid had expanded enough so that I had to crack the lines (loosen the QA) to let fluid bleed out.
Has anybody found a better way to relieve excess pressure when putting on an implement?

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #2  
I use a nylon rod. Six inches long - 3/4 inch in diameter. Rod goes on the ball. Wrap the entire setup with a shop rag. Tap on the rod with my dead blow hammer. Works every time. Minimum mess.

Oh - First I minimize line pressure by wiggling the hydraulic control lever - forward/back - several times.

This is for when I change FEL implements.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #3  
For mine I release pressure by working the valves before I take the grapple off. Then I hook the two grapple hoses together. Then when I unhook the hoses to put back on the tractor, the pressure is relieved enough to not cause a problem so far.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #4  
For mine I release pressure by working the valves before I take the grapple off. Then I hook the two grapple hoses together. Then when I unhook the hoses to put back on the tractor, the pressure is relieved enough to not cause a problem so far.
I do the same thing as K5lwq and have never had any pressure build up problems.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #5  

I used to think connecting the grapple hoses would work, but then it didn't: after the grapple sat in the sun I couldn't disconnect the grapple hoses! I made some devices with a tee, quick connects and a valve. If the grapple's going to be sitting for a while or it's hot in the sun, I connect the tee into the grapple lines. That always works.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #6  
I used to think connecting the grapple hoses would work, but then it didn't: after the grapple sat in the sun I couldn't disconnect the grapple hoses! I made some devices with a tee, quick connects and a valve. If the grapple's going to be sitting for a while or it's hot in the sun, I connect the tee into the grapple lines. That always works.
Wonder if it is the type of connector? I have taken mine off in the early morning and let it sit in the sun and had no issues reconnecting.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #8  
I take a 1-1/2" pvc cap, put it over the fitting, wrap a rag around the base of the cap and then tap the cap with a hammer. Sometimes takes 2-3 hit to bleed everything off. Cap controls where pressurized fluid goes and rag keeps it from making a mess everywhere. I remove my backhoe in the fall/winter when I put the rear blade on and often don't put it on until the following summer. Lots of pressure builds up.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #9  
That's a reasonable theory. Mine are Pioneer 4250.
Mine are Safeway S45-4 on the grapple. Same on the Kioti, and I can’t tell what is on the Branson but definitely different. But have not had an issue on either tractor.

/ Releasing pressure on QA. #10  
Open the grapple to 3/4 open.

Shut off tractor.

Turn key on to power 3rd function valve but do not start tractor

Press the 3rg function button until clamps come down by gravity.

Disconnect the lines and plug both hoses together

Take grapple off.

Works every time.