Regen every 2 hours

/ Regen every 2 hours #1  

joe04785

Silver Member
Tractor
XR3037
So not long ago, I purchased a 2016 ls xr3037 and I have changed all filters and fluids. I have been running it at 2000+ rpms and notice that this tractor has been regening every 2 hours for the last couple of times. Now I'm new to tractor regens as my older ones didn't have this issue. I noticed that someone else on the forum is having a similar problem. I was just wondering how long in between should this make and model be regening? Thanks

/ Regen every 2 hours #2  
If memory serves correctly the Shibura interim tier 4 motor regened every 4 hours. The next version with LS Mtron Tier 5 motor is every 50 hours. My 3135 is close to that 50 hour mark depending on uses and RPM

/ Regen every 2 hours #3  
Thats that older Shibarua engine. One reason LS went away from Shibarua and started making their own was for this reason. The newer 31xx series has the LS made engine with regen times about every 50hrs. However, that does not help you. That engine should be regenerating every 5 hours or so, or thats what I hear. Might be time to take it the dealership and see what they can do with cleaning the DPF, updating the ECU, or trade in.

/ Regen every 2 hours #4  
I have a 2014 of the same model. Mine regens about every 4-5 hours which is the norm for this model. Next time yours goes into regen try bumping the throttle up to 24-2500 RPM which will make it run at a higher temp.
Another thing that may affect regen is the quality of the fuel. I also run an additive such as Power Service (white bottle) or Lucas Anti gel diesel treatment. I run mine at 22-2400RPM for normal use. My main use is winter snow plowing.

/ Regen every 2 hours
Thanks for all the reply’s. George, I will try that next time it goes in regen mode. Thanks for the information.