Reasons not to buy an RTV 1100C?

/ Reasons not to buy an RTV 1100C?
The engine braking on the RTV is precise. Let completely off the throttle and it will slide to a stop.

The foot throttle controls the engine rpms and the HST. No belt drive even comes close to that precision. Rarely is the brake pedal used. Excellent for back and forth work such as snow pushing.
Interesting how as consumers we look at the same trait and perceive it differently. I didn't like that linked HST near as much as I like the transmission in my old Rhino.

/ Reasons not to buy an RTV 1100C? #112  
Interesting how as consumers we look at the same trait and perceive it differently. I didn't like that linked HST near as much as I like the transmission in my old Rhino.

Yep.

As a pleasure cruiser the Rhino system is fine. As a workhorse it is seriously lacking when compared to the RTV.

/ Reasons not to buy an RTV 1100C? #113  
I didn't realize the RTV bed lift had been changed.

Here's a pic of mine. Lifts the bed with no twist.

20190115_095812.jpg

Yep.

As a pleasure cruiser the Rhino system is fine. As a workhorse it is seriously lacking when compared to the RTV.
And yet I never trail rode it pleasure rode the Rhino. It was bought for work, used for work and being resold for work. I did take it in trails 3 different weekends over it's life, and I'll admit that it was fun! But that wasn't what it was bought for it used for.

I didn't realize the RTV bed lift had been changed.

Here's a pic of mine. Lifts the bed with no twist.

View attachment 587284
In my opinion... Yours is a better design and less likely to twist the bed frame. That is how they all should be. The Kawasaki Mule Pro will be like the late model RTV I showed you.

/ Reasons not to buy an RTV 1100C? #116  
And yet I never trail rode it pleasure rode the Rhino. It was bought for work, used for work and being resold for work. I did take it in trails 3 different weekends over it's life, and I'll admit that it was fun! But that wasn't what it was bought for it used for.

Again, as you stated above, our perceptions are so different. My Rhino is a pleasure vehicle when compared to the RTV. Nothing alike.

In one of my pics above with the load of wood. Did you notice the large log laying behind the RTV? I dragged that log just short of 1/2 mile while carrying that load.

/ Reasons not to buy an RTV 1100C? #117  
I don't know, a couple of e-lockers, and a dump bed kit, and you can drive it to breakfast. I love a good UTV and would be lost without mine, but at 20K plus these days, I will never replace mine with a new UTV.

I believe "most" people that think it through will agree with you....I know I certainly do!!! But the OP has specific needs to address.

UTV's are too darn expensive to use as work vehicles for most people. They are "toys" that cost $20k+. Nothing wrong with that if they can afford to spend it. I had a Polaris 850 with a cab, winch and plow and am so glad I got rid of it this year. Have not missed it at all....but my needs/wants are different.

Rock Crawler,
Good luck with your choice. Buyers remorse is normal and it does not help when you are getting second guessed. BTW, I got the extended warranty with both of my UTV's and would not do it again...but then I am not as hard on my stuff as you will be. Beware that "abuse" is not covered and they love to play that card.

/ Reasons not to buy an RTV 1100C? #118  
I'm guessing that the Deere had a CVT more like Polaris where the belt drops free when off throttle on a down hill? The Yamaha and the Kawasaki do not do that, if you barely tap the throttle as it starts moving to throw the centrifugal clutch out, it engine brakes.

We in no way get snow for 6 months, typically mid or late December to end of March. And we will get a week or two of single digits, but a lot more of 20 something degree weather.

I hope that the soft top is not a rattle trap.... That will be disappointing.

I'm on Tapatalk so I can't see your location, but you are obviously someplace that gets a lot more snow for a lot longer time than I do in Beaver County PA.

"Beaver County,Pennsylvania*gets 38 inches of rain, on*average, per year. The US average*is 39 inches of rain per year.*Beaver County*averages 24 inches of*snow*per year."

-------------------------
Oh, we have you beat there!

I'm in Leelanau County, Michigan - about 300 miles northwest of Detroit and a completely different worldIMG_20141206_122737631_HDR.jpg. The Leelanau Peninsula is the "little finger" of the Michigan mitten, sticking out into the waters of northern Lake Michigan (pic of my "back yard" attached). Because of that geography, we usually get lots of lake effect snow. When it's cold and the wind blows, it's going to snow -- at least until the big Lake freezes over. That pretty well shuts off the lake effect snow machine.
We got 200" of snow last winter (including 30" 4/13 to 4/16), but the "doozy" was the winter of 2013 - 2014: 265" of snow. Yee-ha, let it snow!!!

/ Reasons not to buy an RTV 1100C? #119  
And just for the record, I too have faith in Kawasaki. My old Gator had a Kawasaki engine that started instantly in even the coldest weather and purred like a kitten. The guy who bought my old Gator will have many happy years ahead, I'm sure. I always enjoyed it! Helpers.jpg

/ Reasons not to buy an RTV 1100C? #120  
I last looked at a Mule in 2016 and don't know if they have changed the bed since then, but I remember it had a steel frame but plastic/composite panels on the inside, and it didn't seem stout to me. Tailgate was all molded plastic and not substantial. The Kubota bed and tailgate is steel frame and walls, with cosmetic plastic panels on the outside (for color & graphics). Mine came with the sprayed in bedliner option, which I didn't really care about at the time, but am glad I got it as the bed takes a lot of abuse.

IMG_9365.jpg