Rear Hydraulic Remote T254

/ Rear Hydraulic Remote T254 #1  

elsievo

Tractor
TYM T254
Has anyone installed a rear remote on their T254. I've seen videos for the T25 and T264 but I don't think they apply to the T254, I may be wrong. I'm wanting to add a hydraulic top-link for when I start working on the church parking lot and a trail that I maintain nearby. The dealer says there is a kit available. I just want to find out what is involved as the closest dealer is over 5 hours away and I don't have a trailer for the tractor yet. I plan to do the install myself.

/ Rear Hydraulic Remote T254
Jeff, thanks. I watched that video as well as one for the T264. I looked under my seat and at the back of my tractor and it is very different than the T25 and T264 in those videos. Mine is an older T254 NH series (2014 model I believe). There is a sheet metal box that supports the seat. It is enclosed on top, no hole to access the hydraulic cylinder case etc below. The hose comes out of the top of the block at the top of the cyclinder case. There is only about a finger thickness of clearance between that hose and sheet metal box.

Also there are no holes or brackets to support the quick connectors on the back.

So I'm back to my original question if anyone has done this with their older T254. TYM may have changed things in subsequent iterations of this model to accommodate rear remotes similar to the T25 / T264.

I've reached out to a dealer to see if they have a pdf of the installation manual for this kit to see how it is installed and if it would work for my tractor.

i'll see if I can get some pictures of my situation tomorrow after work.

Here are the pictures I took of the back and under my tractor. I guess it could be that this one is like the 224 and cannot have rear remotes unless I do something from the power beyond port on the loader valve. I didn't want to take the seat off to get a better picture of where the hose comes out of the top of the hydraulic array. The hose comes out of an elbow at the top and goes to the diverter valve under the right footrest.

Attachments

• image0.jpeg
    image0.jpeg
    170.6 KB · Views: 71
  • image1.jpeg
    image1.jpeg
    241 KB · Views: 69
  • image3.jpeg
    image3.jpeg
    274.3 KB · Views: 68
  • image5.jpeg
    image5.jpeg
    232.1 KB · Views: 76
Got the installation instructions from the dealer. The control valve is mounted to the ROPS and is fed from the diverter block underneath the footrest. Now the question is do I want to remove it every fall when I put the snowblower cab on. Or can I find a different place to mount this . . .