Mowing Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM

/ Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM #11  
I don't like the cut quality from my MMM. I tried blades, mulching kits, etc, and I don't like the cut quality.

Yet if I put on my neighbor's Kingkutter it does a fantastic job.

My lawn isn't flat, it's 100% bumps. So I think that is the reason why.

/ Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM #12  
Hahahaha....got your panties in a bunch eh robertm? Maybe YOU should brush up on YOUR reading skills because I did NOT imply it was YOU that didn't want to get out of his seat. LOL

BTW, I have a B2620 and a BX2680 here. Maybe I can't read but I can take the decks on and off both of them easily. LOL

/ Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM #13  
Why do you have to get out of your seat to adjust a hydraulic top link?

/ Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM #14  
We have a 60" MF RF500 with floating hitch, and just bought a Big Dog Alpha MP 54". The cut quality on both are impressive, the key is keeping blades sharp. Also avoid the el cheapo blades, really makes a difference.

/ Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM
Hahahaha....got your panties in a bunch eh robertm? Maybe YOU should brush up on YOUR reading skills because I did NOT imply it was YOU that didn't want to get out of his seat. LOL

BTW, I have a B2620 and a BX2680 here. Maybe I can't read but I can take the decks on and off both of them easily. LOL

Yeah, my panties were in a wad. Sorry. I grabbed a crochet hook and pulled them out. I was just dealing with my lovely fuel filter gelling up even though I have plenty of anti-gel in the fuel. Another crappy BX design in my book. What’s worse is I bought the fuel bowl mod kit, but never got it on before winter. High today was 3.
In the end, for the deck, I just need to sit down, or lay down under my tractor and study the mechanics of the drive-over. As you know, the B-Series drive-over is way more simplistic and uncomplicated. I think there just had to be something that needs tweaking on mine. I figure now I’m going to drill holes in my barn floor to drop pins in to hold the deck from moving when I mount or dismount the mower. That should help.
Glad your not having issues. I know several people with BX drive over decks that just have no use for them. I’ve mowed a lot of grass with this one, and it just seems to always need adjusting. I guess I’ll study it in spring when it goes back on.

/ Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM #16  
No problem robertm. Guess we were both in a mood, LOL

I didn't mean to offend you. I've just been seeing several posts on a couple different forums of people saying their drive over decks are hard to use and I can't understand why? Maybe not set up properly from dealer? I don't even have to try and line mine up. They go right on and off.
I sure like it a lot more than having to pull them in and out the side like I used to have to do on my old tractors.

It was usually always the Deere's that I saw people having issues with the auto connect not working. I hadn't really heard of issues with the Kubota.

/ Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM #17  
We have a 60" MF RF500 with floating hitch, and just bought a Big Dog Alpha MP 54". The cut quality on both are impressive, the key is keeping blades sharp. Also avoid the el cheapo blades, really makes a difference.

This is exactly why I left the rotary mower world and went to the flail mower world. I ran rotary mowers/zero turn mowers for years and the blades just got eaten up on my property. I laugh now whenever I hear someone say that flail mowers are more maintenance then a rotary mower. That could not be more false. Rotary mowers are the most time consuming and expensive grass cutter out there. If you do an ROI on a rotary mower compared to a flail mower the flail mower wins hands down. The biggest misconception out there is a flail mower is more expensive. Maybe true in upfront cost but not in long run cost.

/ Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM #18  
Yeah, my panties were in a wad. Sorry. I grabbed a crochet hook and pulled them out. I was just dealing with my lovely fuel filter gelling up even though I have plenty of anti-gel in the fuel. Another crappy BX design in my book. What’s worse is I bought the fuel bowl mod kit, but never got it on before winter. High today was 3.
In the end, for the deck, I just need to sit down, or lay down under my tractor and study the mechanics of the drive-over. As you know, the B-Series drive-over is way more simplistic and uncomplicated. I think there just had to be something that needs tweaking on mine. I figure now I’m going to drill holes in my barn floor to drop pins in to hold the deck from moving when I mount or dismount the mower. That should help.
Glad your not having issues. I know several people with BX drive over decks that just have no use for them. I’ve mowed a lot of grass with this one, and it just seems to always need adjusting. I guess I’ll study it in spring when it goes back on.

From all the research that I have done on Kubota their BX series tractors seem to be the most problematic. Would you agree with this or not?

/ Rear Grooming Mower VS. MMM #20  
The 3pt Woods finish mower does extreme service every year for over twenty years. Leaves a nice cut on the lawn. One belt, bunches of blades and regular service. Trims close that we don’t have to weed eater much. Nice to be able to back under overhangs or ditches you couldn’t reach with a mmm.

Do like the rear discharge.

If you use your tractor for other stuff the mmm is in the way particularly in the woods.

Only problem is with two major brands of finish mowers is the wheel caster axle stems bending with the power and sharp turning radius of the B20 and B26 tractors. Loaders do not detach and rear tires are filled. After many attempts to repair finally found a permanent fix by replacing stems with trailer axles and bearings.
IMG_1032.JPG
Less to grease, stronger and cheaper than OEM replacement parts. Trouble free for many seasons.