• Thank you for participating in the Summit Tractors Community. Per special arrangement with the TBN team, Summit Tractors will regularly monitor and contribute to this forum to help ensure that the community has direct access to Summit. You can ask and find answers to a range of topics directly from Summit and from other TBN users, including; Where to Buy, Future Retailers and Locations, Financing, Compatible Equipment, Tractor Operating, Equipment Specifications, Parts & Service Support, Warranty and anything else that may assist those in the market for a new tractor. If you cannot find the answer to a specific question on this forum, please feel free to contact Summit Tractors Directly or through a Private Message to Summit Tractors Support via TBN.
Ad top of page

Really considering a Summit

/ Really considering a Summit #1  

bradleykd

Tractor
None
So, I'm considering a Summit really heavily. I emailed them this morning and they said they should be offering shipping to places without dealers within a couple of weeks. So, hopefully, by the end of September that comes true. There's a couple of things I'm questioning, though, that I'm hoping you all can help with.

First, has anyone ran a PTO driven auger with this unit? How does it do? What size auger bit did you use?

Second, anyone finance one through their DLL company? I see they advertise 0 down for 84 months, but no advertised interest rate. I don't really want them to run my credit just to see if I should get a loan from my bank because they are at 8% or something crazy. Also, it would definitely complicate the math if I'm looking at another $3000 in interest within the 5 years vs 0% from another company.

/ Really considering a Summit #2  
I've glanced at them out in front of Atwood's when I'm buying feed. They seem like nice enough looking tractors, but I would be concerned over getting parts and having it repaired from a feed store. Atwood's is great at fixing Stihl chainsaws, so maybe they will have something set up for Summit Tractors. Since I'm not in the market or wanting a small tractor, I never asked any questions about them.

Why not go to a full time tractor dealership with financing, a parts department and mechanics?

/ Really considering a Summit #3  
So, I'm considering a Summit really heavily. I emailed them this morning and they said they should be offering shipping to places without dealers within a couple of weeks. So, hopefully, by the end of September that comes true. There's a couple of things I'm questioning, though, that I'm hoping you all can help with.

First, has anyone ran a PTO driven auger with this unit? How does it do? What size auger bit did you use?

Second, anyone finance one through their DLL company? I see they advertise 0 down for 84 months, but no advertised interest rate. I don't really want them to run my credit just to see if I should get a loan from my bank because they are at 8% or something crazy. Also, it would definitely complicate the math if I'm looking at another $3000 in interest within the 5 years vs 0% from another company.

/ Really considering a Summit #4  
Good day,

Thank you for your interest in Summit Tractors.

You can run a pto driven Auger with our tractor. Most Auger manufacturers have a hp recommendation for their products and bit size. It all depends on the soil composition in relation to where you are located.

While we do not offer zero percent financing, we feel that our many premium features that come standard on our tractor make us very competitive and stack up well against our competition.
For participating retailers, tractor financing is provided by DLL Finance with no down payment terms up to 84 months. For those retailers offering financing through a different provider, visit a participating store location for details.

You can learn more about Summit Tractors financing options at this link to the financing page on our website: Financing | Summit Tractors

Best Regards,

The Summit Tractors Team

/ Really considering a Summit #5  
I'd have to look for the brand name, but the operator's manual for my auger recommends at least a 35hp tractor to run a 12" auger.

/ Really considering a Summit #6  
We plan to add 36HP open station and cab models in early 2024. These tractors will be premium spec as the TX25H is; loaded with standard features such as rear remotes, 3rd function valve, self-leveling loader, RimGuard Liquid tire ballast and much more.

We will provide full details and specifications on our website this fall.

Best Regards,

The Summit Tractors Team

/ Really considering a Summit
I've glanced at them out in front of Atwood's when I'm buying feed. They seem like nice enough looking tractors, but I would be concerned over getting parts and having it repaired from a feed store. Atwood's is great at fixing Stihl chainsaws, so maybe they will have something set up for Summit Tractors. Since I'm not in the market or wanting a small tractor, I never asked any questions about them.

Why not go to a full time tractor dealership with financing, a parts department and mechanics?

If I bought a Summit, I would do so with the understanding that I would be getting parts online and repairing myself. I'm not a full-time farmer. Mainly, I just like tractors and have a lot of landscaping on my 2 acre lot. Looking to move mulch, run a sprayer, aerate, spread seed and fertilizer, plant trees, level low spots, maintain 4 panel horse fence, push snow, and move anything heavy that I buy.

I'm still looking at full time tractor dealership and their options, but green and orange both seem about $7-10k more for the same level of equipment. Even Mahindra, LS, and Kioti are $3-4k more. It is really coming down to the question of around 12k for a 10 year old used tractor or 20 for new. I really don't want to even spend 20k though. lol.

/ Really considering a Summit #8  

/ Really considering a Summit
Good day,

You can run a pto driven Auger with our tractor. Most Auger manufacturers have a hp recommendation for their products and bit size. It all depends on the soil composition in relation to where you are located.

While we do not offer zero percent financing, we feel that our many premium features that come standard on our tractor make us very competitive and stack up well against our competition.
For participating retailers, tractor financing is provided by DLL Finance with no down payment terms up to 84 months. For those retailers offering financing through a different provider, visit a participating store location for details.

You can learn more about Summit Tractors financing options at this link to the financing page on our website: Financing | Summit Tractors

Best Regards,

The Summit Tractors Team

Appreciate the quick reply and information on the financing and auger recommendation. I agree your tractor is competitive. Just trying to figure out if it's a no brainer...

/ Really considering a Summit #10  
Good day Eddie,

Summit is placing quality parts & service support at the forefront of tractor operations and is a critical success factor for our brand. Tractor buyers should never contact the store for after-sales product servicing support.
Summit Tractors has partnered with leading tractor and outdoor power equipment dealers that are located in the same communities where Summit Tractors are sold. All dealers that are a part of our Summit Tractors Service Dealers network are authorized to perform any warranty and non-warranty service or repair and have access to all parts required to keep Summit brand tractors and loaders operating in tip-top condition. Each region is managed by a Summit employee Area Service Manager (ASM).

All repair parts are housed at ITL’s Mooresville AR parts warehouse, so they can be quickly delivered to customers and service team members.

Best regards,
The Summit Tractors Team

Ad bottom of page