Real Dirty Air filter

/ Real Dirty Air filter #11  
Aww, just blow the dust off of it and stick it back in. He'll never know the difference, and if he did, I doubt he would even care!!!!

/ Real Dirty Air filter #12  
wash it :)

/ Real Dirty Air filter #13  
My brother bought a Mercedes 280S cheap years ago... the owner didn't want to spend any money on the car.

The then $35 Mann air filter was plugged.

Put in a new one and the difference was night and day... drove it for a few years and doubled his money.

/ Real Dirty Air filter #14  
We just bought a car for my daughter, at one point we looked at a Nissan Maxima, 95,000 miles on it, loaded with options, and priced about 4k below book. The dealer had just gotten in and didn't have a chance to detail it. The car was completely trashed in side, and the body had a lot of scratches and dings. The dealer said it smoked a "little bit". I watched him cold start it, and he was covering the seats so we wouldn't get dirty riding in it. I told him don't bother I wasn't intersted. I was hoping to get a car that was just a little dirty cheap, but I think the car had been seriously abused in terms of maintance. I think the rings, valves etc were shot on the car. I always wondered what the air cleaner on that car looked like.

/ Real Dirty Air filter #15  
Preventative Maintenance is never a bad idea. Definitely more economical. I bought two tires for one of our Grand Daughters cat last week and the mechanic checked the fluids too. There was no antifreeze in the reservoir or the radiator showing. I was right there the entire time, along with our Grand Daughter. and I asked her why didn't her Father show her how to check the fluids. Her response was "What is Antifreeze for". Rest assured that in the end, she had a thorough education regarding a vehicle's engine and what to check.

/ Real Dirty Air filter #16  
****, they dont get much more dirty than that. I love pulling original plugs out of cars, gapped burned to .100" and they wonder why we need to start replacing coils.

/ Real Dirty Air filter
****, they dont get much more dirty than that. I love pulling original plugs out of cars, gapped burned to .100" and they wonder why we need to start replacing coils.

These were burned .085-.090"

/ Real Dirty Air filter #18  
My local Chevrolet Dealer sent me a coupon for oil change and 27 point inspection with tire rotation for $19.95.

I decided to take in the 91 Silverado because it was due..

The tech was very thorough checking all the fluids and such and mentioned I had a mouse nest in the air-cleaner assembly???

Sure enough, there was a nest and I was more surprised than he was... the filter was not in the best of shape and he asked if it was OK to replace... and I said sure.

Anyway, he goes to the parts counter at this 100 year old dealership and comes back saying they would have to special order the filter... they don't stock it and neither do the two closest dealers?

A stock 91 Silverado with a 350 should be as common as they get... used in many different configurations for many years...

I guess I really am getting old...

/ Real Dirty Air filter #19  
have you noticed that if you go to walmart, with limited exceptions on a couple SUPER common oil filters ( fram ph8a/motorcraft fl1a/supertech st8a ).. that walmart only stocks oil/air fitlers for vehicles 2000+

My local Chevrolet Dealer sent me a coupon for oil change and 27 point inspection with tire rotation for $19.95.

The tech was very thorough checking all the fluids and such and mentioned I had a mouse nest in the air-cleaner assembly???

Sure enough, there was a nest and I was more surprised than he was... the filter was not in the best of shape and he asked if it was OK to replace... and I said sure.

Anyway, he goes to the parts counter at this 100 year old dealership and comes back saying they would have to special order the filter... they don't stock it and neither do the two closest dealers?

A stock 91 Silverado with a 350 should be as common as they get... used in many different configurations for many years...

/ Real Dirty Air filter #20  
have you noticed that if you go to walmart, with limited exceptions on a couple SUPER common oil filters ( fram ph8a/motorcraft fl1a/supertech st8a ).. that walmart only stocks oil/air fitlers for vehicles 2000+