READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!!

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #71  
That is true, charcoal cannister and purge valve, had to replace the purge valve on my Suburban. What I refer to is the filler nozzle, not the on board vapor recovery. I've only seen them in urban areas (shroud over the filler nozzle).
Those are disappearing.

• Good Post
Reactions: G31
   / READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #73  
I have 2015

Last edited:
   / READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #74  
I have 2015 ls 4046 with shibaura engine and I have figured out how to make it run without the ECU. I'm not finished with the Mods , I have to get a throttle cable and a plug for the fuel shut off to avoid cutting original wire harness. No more Regens! No more dpf, will have a usefull tractor finally.
Well, do tell..... how did you make the modifications?

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #76  
For the last 1 1/2 years i have been having regen problems. I have a couple posts here about them. It has been to 2 dealers in Montana and now 1 in Wisconsin since i moved here. Before i left Montana the head LS factory guy out of Oregon came to my house and put a DPF in it and ran diagnostics on his computer. He said regen wasn't getting hot enough. He then ordered parts and had them shipped to Wisconsin where i live. Those parts where new DPF injectors and something else. Put about 10 hours on it since then. went through 1 regen fine. Now tonight i start it to use it. Withing minutes 1 dpf light comes on. So i park it and bump the idle up to 1,500 since its only 12 degrees in order to help if regen better. About 10 minutes in 2 DFP lights come on. I go in for a bowl of soup and watch the dash through the window. About 10 minutes later 1 of the 2 lights go out and the bottom left caution light comes on. It has done this before so i leave it. Maybe 5 minutes later both DPF lights come on again and the caution light goes out. 15 minutes later 1 of the DPF lights goes out again and the caution light comes back on. After over an hour screwing with it i said screw it and put it in the shed. Maybe i'll get lucky and it will burn to the ground tonight. So sick of this crap and the lack of knowledge from LS. Called the national rep at home in Illinois tonight and told them i'm going to call Agco, (lease is through them) and get them involved. August 1st will be 3 years i have owned it. I can't deal with it anymore. They just need to ship me another tractor as obviously this POS is a lemon!!! Sad thing is other than this BS i really like the tractor.....................................
Had my 2015 4046h in multiple times, Ls put in new computer and burners, got it working briefly. Last time back the dealer, on a different tractor finally figured it out the glow plug on the regen was bad. Changed mine out, been working fine.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #77  
Well, do tell..... how did you make the modifications?
First pull filter knock all the honey comb out, reinstall filter, Electrical unplug differential sensors, unplug burner, unplug both plugs on fuel shut off . You will need to run keyed hot to the two wire plug on fuel shut off, The 3 wire plug is not used. Run a new fuel return line from directly from engine to fuel tank, plug old fuel return lines that went to burner. You will need to purchase a 4' push pull throttle cable, 2 ends and 2 clamps for cable. You will also have to make bracket under dash and near throttle control on engine to secure cable clamps. Dash throttle slot will have to be elongated and throttle stop pin removed to allow full throttle. With these modifications you will have check eng. Light and two dpf lights all the time.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #78  
First pull filter knock all the honey comb out, reinstall filter, Electrical unplug differential sensors, unplug burner, unplug both plugs on fuel shut off . You will need to run keyed hot to the two wire plug on fuel shut off, The 3 wire plug is not used. Run a new fuel return line from directly from engine to fuel tank, plug old fuel return lines that went to burner. You will need to purchase a 4' push pull throttle cable, 2 ends and 2 clamps for cable. You will also have to make bracket under dash and near throttle control on engine to secure cable clamps. Dash throttle slot will have to be elongated and throttle stop pin removed to allow full throttle. With these modifications you will have check eng. Light and two dpf lights all the time.
could you show pic of throttle at the injection pump thanks

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #79  
Friday I cold take pictures out of town right now.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #80  
And, lest you forget, diesel emissions are hazardous to health and contribute to the deaths of many people with lung disease.
Also known to cause cancer and birth defects in the State of California.
(y)