READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!!

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #1  

mjstef

Gold Member
Tractor
LS XR3037C
For the last 1 1/2 years i have been having regen problems. I have a couple posts here about them. It has been to 2 dealers in Montana and now 1 in Wisconsin since i moved here. Before i left Montana the head LS factory guy out of Oregon came to my house and put a DPF in it and ran diagnostics on his computer. He said regen wasn't getting hot enough. He then ordered parts and had them shipped to Wisconsin where i live. Those parts where new DPF injectors and something else. Put about 10 hours on it since then. went through 1 regen fine. Now tonight i start it to use it. Withing minutes 1 dpf light comes on. So i park it and bump the idle up to 1,500 since its only 12 degrees in order to help if regen better. About 10 minutes in 2 DFP lights come on. I go in for a bowl of soup and watch the dash through the window. About 10 minutes later 1 of the 2 lights go out and the bottom left caution light comes on. It has done this before so i leave it. Maybe 5 minutes later both DPF lights come on again and the caution light goes out. 15 minutes later 1 of the DPF lights goes out again and the caution light comes back on. After over an hour screwing with it i said screw it and put it in the shed. Maybe i'll get lucky and it will burn to the ground tonight. So sick of this crap and the lack of knowledge from LS. Called the national rep at home in Illinois tonight and told them i'm going to call Agco, (lease is through them) and get them involved. August 1st will be 3 years i have owned it. I can't deal with it anymore. They just need to ship me another tractor as obviously this POS is a lemon!!! Sad thing is other than this BS i really like the tractor.....................................

Last edited:
   / READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!!
   / READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #3  
Mine goes off every 4 hours like clockwork. I've had the red light a few times but never noticed any effects from it. I've not even bothered to let it finish a regen, I shut down when I'm done, It starts back when I do. Darn near 400 hours on it now.

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #4  
Let it regen in the shed all night, it may just catch on fire. :eek:

I know LS is a respected brand, not sure they would give you a new tractor after having owned the current one almost 3 years.

Let it regen in the shed all night, it may just catch on fire. :eek:

I know LS is a respected brand, not sure they would give you a new tractor after having owned the current one almost 3 years.

They have been trying to fix it for 2 of the 3 years..........

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #6  
I don't think 1200 rpm is near enough , specially setting in cold temps with no load, get it at 2000 + rpm and work the thing.

Fat fingered the keyboard. Ran it at 1,500 not 12. Was doing something as it burned nearly 1/8th of a tank in an hour......

And if i try to work it it always goes into limp and limits at 1,500.............

/ READY TO BURN THIS THING TO THE GROUND!!! #10  
Is all this EPA bullshit too "intertwined" into the tractors "brain" to rip it all out?

What a shame to take a very simple (compression ignition) engine and basically ruin it. Thanks Washington. I bet we see gas engine's starting to return to smaller power plant applications, or ***** reverse's a lot of costly "feel good" EPA regs. Fingers crossed on the latter.