Mowing RCK-60 mower deck

/ RCK-60 mower deck #1  

michaelmartin

Tractor
Kubota BX2200
Are all RCK-60s the same deck with different mounting hardware and if I buy a different RCK-60 then what I have could I switch mounting hardware?

/ RCK-60 mower deck #2  
Hopefully someone else with direct experience will answer your question conclusively. I can say that I have installed the mower deck on two BX2200's and another different version on 2 different B2150 Kubotas. I would not want to try interchanging them. Too many "made to fit" brackets and connections for my timid soul. Whatever motivates you to try sorting out the mismatch I would not try it unless it was very significant dollars and worth doing some tough mods.

/ RCK-60 mower deck #3  
The RCK60-xxx stands for the rotary cutter and the width after the dash ( - ) there will 2 or 3 letter number combo.

I have a BX-2230 and it has the RCK60-22BX and it was used on the BX2200 and BX2230 series tractors. Also have a G2160 garden tractor with a RCK60-24G deck, these 2 decks are the same stamping except for gearbox drive direction, lift points and different gauge wheel mounting.

The later BX2350, BX2360, BX2370 use the RCK60-23BX and it is different with plastic pulley covers , discharge chute along with different spindles, pulleys hubs.

Would strongly suggest finding the proper deck for your series. The larger engine BX will take the 60 inch or the 54 inch. If you get the 18 horse or 15 horse engine the frame is shorter and takes the 48 inch deck.

/ RCK-60 mower deck #4  
The OP needs a RCK60-22BX. This directly fits the BX2200. As far as I'm aware, there is no other substitution for this.

As what others state, the correct deck is the "metal everything", except for the gauge wheels which are hard plastic.

Also, if you get one used, I highly suggest looking at it in person. If not maintained (greased and gearbox oil changed regularly), you can be stuck replacing bearings and potentially an expensive gearbox. Most people get rid of theirs because it's cheaper (and easier) to buy a used rear mount finish mower than try to fix it. So buyer-be-wary.

Edit:
I just looked on the interwebs and I see 3 of them out in MD. Judging by the pictures of all 3 of them, they seem questionable. But $1,200 a pop, if all is good on them, all you need are gauge wheels. All 3 of them look worn out. So the decks are available, but again, I highly suggest looking at them in person, and if possible, bring someone out with you that has some automotive/tractor repair experience before plopping down cash.