Ran dry, won't prime/bleed

/ Ran dry, won't prime/bleed #1  

fatjay

Veteran Member
Tractor
Not enough
My '51 Oliver TLB ran dry saturday. Shut it down, filled it, ran it for a bit, and zero movement at the sticks. Took off the rear hose to the hoe and put the hydraluics to the rear. It oozed out, at best. If anyone has a suggestion on gettting all the air out, it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's a video strait off the pump going to the hoe.

Here's a picture of pump internals. I'm not sure how to bleed it.

7tODHES.jpg

cQpmceu.jpg

/ Ran dry, won't prime/bleed
I've run my ferguson dry and didn't have to bleed it.With this, there as no sludge, and the pump was simpler than i thought it would be. I have no idea why I'm not getting flow. I disconnected the supply line and it just poured out, so it's not that. I honestly am not seeing the problem.

/ Ran dry, won't prime/bleed #4  
If you removed the supply line at the pump, did you make sure the passage to the gears was clear?
If you did then there isn't much you can do to the pump body, but you can lap the end plate until the groves are gone. The front face plate might be removeable and that can be lapped, if not just lapping the end plate well just buy you some time. If doing only the end plate the pump might not be able to build it's full psi, but well be close and better then what you have now.

Odd thing is it ran just fine before it went dry. I had full power and flow. I'll take more hoses off tonight and see if I can't figure something out.

Before hte pump is just one huge hose coming directly from the resivour. about 7-8' long, it's a bit of a trip. When i disconnect from the pump though, fluid pours out at a rather quick rate, so that line should be good. I'm wondering if the high pressure side is filled iwth air and that's causing it.

I hadn't thought of htat. The shaft going into it moves, and there's a little bit pumping, just not much. And it's coming out at a slow, yet regular interval of surge.

I found the issue. My once splined shaft is now round and smooth. If anyone can ID the pump, the numbers are completely illegible.

punUwgW.jpg

CVEsIZa.jpg

4Ibfyma.jpg

lKChoOy.jpg