Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,701  
That's the area that Hay Dude showed them putting in a new commuter station.

View attachment 733001
You should see it now…..

1644535490364.png

1644535542223.png

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,706  
My late grandfather mentioned a few times an abondoned narrow gauge railroad and engine in the middle of nowhere in the UP, used for logging, I've never found it nor do I know if it's still there. But he did bring me out to what was left of an abondoned model T in the middle of BFE same grandpa also took me to a long abondoned fordson steel wheel tractor, along with a broken horse drawn road grader, I believe that's what they were. Miles off any driveable road in the woods, I think they were his when he logged. It amazes me still, what one can stumble upon in the middle of nowhere.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,708  
Nice. If you look on google earth, I think you may be able to see some of the stall foundations still in the parking lot. That wagon wheel spoke pattern. Those white lines. Might not be, but worth a look back.

I'll have to call it up on the home PC and go back in history to see if that can still be seen.

Attachments

• 4FC4E451-73AB-46D9-921B-92E145FC5BE7.jpeg
    4FC4E451-73AB-46D9-921B-92E145FC5BE7.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 58
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #1,709  
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #1,710  
Sorry, no pics but I just saw what I think is the longest train I have ever seen. It was parked so I noted the start and end locations then scaled from Google Maps. 3 head units and 2 DPU for ~2.5 miles total length! For those in the area, it stretched along US33 from Oxbow crossing SE to Martins (Beaver Ln crossing). Neither of those crossings were blocked but all in between were for my entire lunch! It was on the track closest to 33 which is the track that comes up from Warsaw. And no, I didn't count the cars ☹️