Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,201  
What happened? Soft ground? Rail folded over? Ran off the end of the track? 2607 pushed it too hard against an immovable line of cars? ???
Flat tire.

:D

Bruce

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,203  
Looks like the rail on the closer side has a kink/sank.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,204  
Road engines used on light rail and neglected road beds way to much HP there to switch an industry
When I was working road power was often restricted on an industrial siding for that reason

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#3,205  
Road engines used on light rail and neglected road beds way to much HP there to switch an industry
When I was working road power was often restricted on an industrial siding for that reason
I thought those were lighter swtich engines. I see they have 2 axle trucks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,206  
A very quick search shows a classic SW-7 switcher as 248,000lbs, and a light road switcher GP38-2 as 250,000lbs. But many industries have their own much lighter industrial switchers.

Bruce

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,207  
Good OL Amtrak, canceled my wife's train this morning, 30 minutes before departure. Has to take a bus 2 hours later and get home 2 hours late.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,208  
Good OL Amtrak, canceled my wife's train this morning, 30 minutes before departure. Has to take a bus 2 hours later and get home 2 hours late.
Guess all those subsidies don’t do much to help.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,209  
Did they say why?

Our local South Shore commuter train between here and Chicago gets cancelled quite often, too, it seems.

Usually, it's an accident at a crossing. In hot summer, it's overhead line failure, or tracks buckling. In cold winter, it's overhead line failure, or tracks buckling. Sometimes it's closed for months at at time for construction issues.

The remedy is always a bus. 🙃

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #3,210  
Amtrak, underfunded and poorly managed.
Most other countries understand the importance of commuter and high speed rail between city hubs. Here the government looks at this, like the post office as a money loser rather than a service to the public.

I have not been on Amtrak in more than 10 years, since it became cheaper to fly most of the time. In Europe, Asia, Africa, India, Taking trains is the norm and it's relatively cheap and fast.

We have a lot of rail here and cost is super high to maintain, but do it correctly and the system attracts ticket sales, do it poorly and here we are...

We will be on NJ transit tomorrow, this rail has been given so much money an it just disappears.
Oversight=overlook :-(

Now they are spending $400 million to move offices, with plenty of parking spaces allocated since their employees know better than to take NJT train/bus anywhere.

It's $16 each way and always late or the train breaks down.
It is rare for them to not have a major issue during the week stranding thousands of riders.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2005 Ford F-550 Roll-Back Truck (A33544)
2005 Ford F-550...
M & W PC1520P Shredder (A33041)
M & W PC1520P...
6 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
6 Yard steel end...
2005 EZ-GO TXT GAS (A33544)
2005 EZ-GO TXT GAS...
Caterpillar V50D Forklift, Triple Stage Mast Side Shift, Propane Gas, 4586 (A33349)
Caterpillar V50D...
Fence Panel (A33041)
Fence Panel (A33041)