Rail roads and their tracks.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,861  
So through my grainy pictures I believe some are certainteed, and some are GE rail service. But I'll pass that way again eventually with my eyes opened. Thanks for the info on lettering.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,862  
Some cars are owned by railroads, some are owned by a non-railroad user, and some are owned by a leasing company.

Bruce

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#1,863  
So through my grainy pictures I believe some are certainteed, and some are GE rail service. But I'll pass that way again eventually with my eyes opened. Thanks for the info on lettering.
I worked for GE rail service in the repair division.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,864  
   / Rail roads and their tracks. #1,865  
Imo you Should pin the link on post #1854 I'm sure I'll probably be looking for lettering every time I see an old rail car or engine.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,866  
The Tunkhannock Viaduct:

Steamtown-Nicholson-Viaduct.jpg

I tried to get tickets on the excursion train from Steamtown NHP pictured above but they sold out overnight:

/ Rail roads and their tracks.
#1,868  
The Russians built and opened in 2018 the longest RR bridge in Europe, the Crimean Bridge.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,869  
They postponed the big boy tour.

/ Rail roads and their tracks. #1,870  
We are fast approaching the completion of our new Wawa, PA train station and expansion of passenger rail service closer to my area (we already have 2 freight lines)
I picked up something interesting today on a satellite photo. An old rail line running about 5 miles from Wawa, PA to Chadds Ford, PA that was destroyed, has reappeared in a very small, but possibly meaningful way.
In the photo below, just between the notorious Chester Creek and new Rail Station under construction, you see a switch-track to seemingly nowhere. But this was the original railroad berm where Wawa connected to Chadds Ford. Its the same rail bed as was in use back in 1972, but thats brand new track at the red arrow. The old tracks beyond have been torn out about 500’ beyond. Could new track be going in?!?
Could they have put the new switch track there as a start for a connection back to Chadds Ford? Why else would they install a switch track? Its not for car storage as it goes downhill and curves around a large hill. Besides, they built several rail car storage sidings just out of my picture already.
Its fun & exciting to think about.

1650661343170.jpeg

Last edited: