Radiator Hose Size

/ Radiator Hose Size #1  

Avenger

Veteran Member
Tractor
LS XR4145C
I've decided to install a lower radiator hose heater on my XR4145. But what size do I need? I measured the OD of the lower hose at 1.77in. (used calipers).

I know that all these heaters (and hoses for that fact) all size off the ID. But I dont want to drain the coolant, take the hose off one end, just for a measurement, to then reinstall the hose and add the coolant back, all before ordering the heater.

Does anyone know the ID for a L3C19-T[FONT=&quot] engine? Thank you. [/FONT]

/ Radiator Hose Size #2  
I'd say with an 1-3/4" O/D it's a 1-1/2" I/D.............Mike

/ Radiator Hose Size #3  
What does it look like on the end for wall thickness? If it is 1/4" then it would be 1 1/4" ID.

/ Radiator Hose Size #4  
you should be able to use a caliper to slip in between the hose and neck. easy measurement without guessing.
If your tractor is a couple years old I would order a new hose. Measure the dia. and use new hose with heater.

/ Radiator Hose Size #5  
you should be able to use a caliper to slip in between the hose and neck. easy measurement without guessing.
If your tractor is a couple years old I would order a new hose. Measure the dia. and use new hose with heater
Agree with this..............Mike

/ Radiator Hose Size
Yeah, that's probably what I'll end up doing. Probably should have done that last night when I took the OD measurement. I was just hoping someone with this engine had already done this and could tell me what size I need to order.

/ Radiator Hose Size #7  
Have you ruled out an engine block heater?

/ Radiator Hose Size #9  
What did you end up doing? Block heater or hose heater?

/ Radiator Hose Size
I ordered a hose heater. After measuring, I believe it to be a 1-1/2in hose. But UPS lost the part, so I had to re-order (for free, thanks Amazon) another one. I'll post picks (and probably a YT video) when its done.