Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #31  
IMG_20230227_155317478~2.jpeg

This thing is a spoiled brat. I made it very clear to the Mrs that any tractor purchase, would come on the heels of actually building storage to maintain it. I fear 60mph winds here would do terrible things to a non permanent structure.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #32  
View attachment 846721
This thing is a spoiled brat. I made it very clear to the Mrs that any tractor purchase, would come on the heels of actually building storage to maintain it. I fear 60mph winds here would do terrible things to a non permanent structure.
I'm not cheap, nor too frugal, yet my earnings place me as a Nillionaire.

So, the tarp is temporary, just too long and the 8x20 sea container is within reach. ;)

1705265137950.png

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #33  
The metal roof conversions as shown by others looks like a smart way to extend the life though!
SIL is on his third tarp and they aren't cheap. Going to go metal but the price of that is sky high too, CAN$ 80 for a 36" ( I think or maybe a 30" ) x 21' a sheet, he figures it'd be around $1K to do the shed not counting wood strapping, screws and the ends.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #34  
I'm not cheap, nor too frugal, yet my earnings place me as a Nillionaire.

So, the tarp is temporary, just too long and the 8x20 sea container is within reach. ;)

View attachment 846731
That seatainer price you quoted seems awful cheap. Can you actually buy them at that price today?

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #35  
When I checked last week 36” 5 rib painted was $2.86 foot around here.
We have had a couple of days with high winds and no damage yet. But it is inevitable with the plastic tarp.
I will probably only do the roof with metal and maybe one run on the sides. When the time comes.

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #36  
Nice looking building. Good work.

A friend of mine owns a roofing company and had a lot of leftover material from jobs that they thought they would use but didn’t. He wanted to get them out of his way so I picked them up and built a roof for my camper. Only cost $500-600 in wood, concrete, and screws.

May want to check with some local roofing companies if they would make you a deal on extra material. Just a thought.

Attachments

• IMG_6774.jpeg
    IMG_6774.jpeg
    606.7 KB · Views: 48
  • IMG_6811.jpeg
    IMG_6811.jpeg
    859.9 KB · Views: 54
   / Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"
View attachment 846721
I definitely envy the size of your shop! My Kioti does fit and live in my 30x36 pole barn along with my f150 and wifes mazda, but there’s not much spare room.

Maybe you should park that Branson outside though, if it keeps leaking oil onto the floor. ;)

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #38  
I definitely envy the size of your shop! My Kioti does fit and live in my 30x36 pole barn along with my f150 and wifes mazda, but there’s not much spare room.

Maybe you should park that Branson outside though, if it keeps leaking oil onto the floor. ;)
Yah, it doesn’t leak

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage"
Just razzin cuz i noticed you have her parked over a cardboard sheet. 🤪

/ Racing the weather for a <$600 "garage" #40  
When I checked last week 36” 5 rib painted was $2.86 foot around here.
Works out the same price in Can$, it's not cheap