R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall?

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #51  
How do you like that Laztec (?spelling?) mower?
I've never saw a mower like that!!!! Thanks for that picture!!!!
It is a NUNES Mfg. Model#360 mower out of Patterson, CA.
I liked it, it did a good job till one of the hydraulic drive motors crapped out.
I was using it as a six deck mower for a while, I actually have another motor now that should fit it.
But with my F2000 and it's 72" deck it's not much slower using it, then I was using the 12' Nune
and trimming with a 42" JD lawn tractor.
The Nune with all the independent driven hydraulic decks that all floated individually did a more uniform job.
But now its just setting waiting for me to find the energy and gumption to get it fixed and working good again.
It has PTO driven hydraulic pump that draws off a 20-40 gallon reservoir then drives and the mower deck individual motors.
The tractor hydraulics ran the valves to lift the outer sections and rear sections for traveling.

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #52  
Brings me back to a question I asked earlier are equipment tires dated like tires made to travel public roads? not one of my R1 ag tires on either tractor has a date code on them.
Good question. I've got a pair of Firestones on the Ford that were bought 4 years ago. Pair of BKTs bought 2 years ago. I'll check em tomorrow for a date stamp.

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #53  
Brings me back to a question I asked earlier are equipment tires dated like tires made to travel public roads? not one of my R1 ag tires on either tractor has a date code on them.

Depends on when they were made. My 2016 build has date & country on them ((Michelin Poland front, Michelin France rear), and my 2021 build has date and country (both Goodyear by Titan USA)

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #54  
I run my tires on the rear of my IH584 at a fairly low pressure and watch them as I drive. I only pull implements with this machine so no need to have max load capability. Pretty much the same as the heaviest weight I lift with the little Kubota 2550 is a rototiller. I figure it does a couple things, it makes the ride a little better but also allows it to flex a bit more when going over rocks.

Fronts I run at max pressure on the sidewall as I load the loader. I want to avoid as much tire squat as possible in the front, especially if I am in 4WD.

Another thought along this line is to keep in mind that although I could get higher weight capacity tires for the Kubota, I have replaced too many front end housings and bearings to want exceed the design load for the tractor drivetrain. Also, it is one thing to lift a load and entirely different when you are driving with the load and hit a bump. They lift till they crack.... cracks cost $.

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #55  
We never exceed the stamped tire pressure whether load carrying intentions or not.
Most cuts we sell are at 28-30 lbs for front industrials when they leave our place for delivery after PDI's.

I fill lots of tires and the last thing I want is for one to blow off my head.

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall?
I got my tractor into my (heated :)) garage this morning for some quality play time...

I wanted to fiddle with the tire pressures... previously, I had set all tires to 35 psi ... found I could slip a 3/4+ furring strip under the edge of the tread... not good... I was riding just on the center of the tire... (pic is looking forward with the camera on the floor)

IMG_0169.jpeg

The only good thing about this is the fact that I only drove the tractor to the barn and back...

I went down to 18 psi and the edge of the tread is still off the concrete... I'm not sure if that's due to the 17 degree carcass (it's cold in the barn) or if I still need to lower the pressure... I'll probably wait till spring to mess with the tires in earnest...

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #57  
I got my tractor into my (heated :)) garage this morning for some quality play time...

I wanted to fiddle with the tire pressures... previously, I had set all tires to 35 psi ... found I could slip a 3/4+ furring strip under the edge of the tread... not good... I was riding just on the center of the tire... (pic is looking forward with the camera on the floor)

View attachment 773252

The only good thing about this is the fact that I only drove the tractor to the barn and back...

I went down to 18 psi and the edge of the tread is still off the concrete... I'm not sure if that's due to the 17 degree carcass (it's cold in the barn) or if I still need to lower the pressure... I'll probably wait till spring to mess with the tires in earnest...
Looking at your picture is that one of the newer R14 type tire?
My R1's on heavier tractors are set between 13-15 psi to get a good flat surface contact.

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall?
R14… yes…

unfortunately, my owners manual doesn’t list them on the “tires and recommended pressures” page… which is part of the reason I had to make such an extreme psi change today…

I’ve dealt with “high flotation/low psi” tires in the past (3 - 4 psi on an atv) but this is my first experience with loaded tires and FEL… pretty much been shooting in the dark…

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #59  
When I got my new B2601 two years ago with my first R14s, I asked the salesman what psi I should run. "Twenty pounds, all around!" he said.

Not sure what the sidewall says, but it turns out that's about what my owner's manual says for R14s.

20 up front seems to work good for the loader—when they need air, there's much more of a sag with a full loader.

/ R14 tire pressure... have you read the sidewall? #60  
I just bought my used 2010 Kubota L2800 and i keep getting flats on 7.16G-1W front tires.Are these agg tires or?