Quite a shocker let me tell you

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #121  
I bought some blinker fluid and it worked great until I realized the problem was a small oak tree had grown though the radiator and belts.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #122  
Nothing worse than running out of blinker fluid on your busy commute.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #123  
Re: You need to be very careful if you are considering a Mahindra

Might not hurt to drain and be rid of the fuel in the tank and flush it best as you can. Be sure to change the fuel filter at least once, preferably twice after you start using the biocide, as in a half tank and full tank for example. Others may have better advice but your likely going to have more contaminates coming from the tank.

Some fuel filters are able to filter smaller particles than others. Not enough of a expert to say what yours needs or what is available in your area. But definitely worth checking out. A good example is my dodge pickup. When having the injectors replaced I learned that the name brand fuel filters I was using allowed passage of particles almost twice as large as the injectors tips. Resulting in a shortened lifespan. Lesson learned as seems to be common. At the expense of the wallet :)

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #124  
Unless a machine is prone to sit unused for long periods of time...There is no need for expensive additives for diesel fuel...just every other tank full or so run street legal diesel...it has all the additives needed to keep the fuel system and injectors healthy...most fuel issues come from unworthy suppliers with tainted tanks that buy off road fuel from unworthy wholesale suppliers...

Thanks for this. I have been reading through these THREADS and I'm scratching my head - one would get the impression that water and algae are a pandemic destroying 3 of 5 diesel engines.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #125  
Thanks for this. I have been reading through these THREADS and I'm scratching my head - one would get the impression that water and algae are a pandemic destroying 3 of 5 diesel engines.

Hardly, actually the opposite. It’s a problem that is not common, therefore not well understood when it does occur.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #127  
I don't treat my fuel for Algae. We had one issue on my JD 770, in just under fifty years. And, many of those years, fuel sat in 1200 litre bulk tanks with very little being used.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #128  

I live in Oregon where it’s pretty wet and also have never treated any of our fuel for algae. We might be due for a problem, but for 45 years we’ve gotten away with it.

I know of one friend that wrecked his Dodge pickup fuel system years ago with bio diesel. It suffered an algae bloom and back in the day, it cost him about $5K in repairs. This was before common rail/ultra high pressure systems. Today’s bill would be much higher.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #130  

Keep in mind that the ultra low sulfur diesel fuel now used is a lot more prone to issues than diesel 10 years ago.