Quite a shocker let me tell you

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #111  
StaBil and Power Service are two that come to mind. There are quite a few out there. Check with a NAPA or FleetPride store or Amazon.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you
Then another question. How do you test for that problem? How does it happen? Does it come in the diesel?

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #114  
It usually shows up as a black scum with particles so small it feels more like a paste than grit or individual particles. As I understand it, fuel algae is carried in fuel that also contains small amounts of water. It flourishes in fuel stored for long periods of time. Keeping your tank full decreases the opportunity for condensation contamination and can help reduce algae pressure. An internet search on the topic will doubtless provide more info than my limited experience can.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #115  
Thanks for that info. I use Sea Foam in the diesel that will keep it fresh for almost 2 years. It also cleans the entire fuel system. I have used it for over 20 years and I still think it is the best at what it does. Thanks again.

I don’t believe Seafoam takes care of algae. I think you need to look at an actual biocide (like Power Service Bio-Kleen).

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you
I don稚 believe Seafoam takes care of algae. I think you need to look at an actual biocide (like Power Service Bio-Kleen).

That is interesting. When I get my tractor back I will do that. To order the fuel injectors take over two weeks. And I don't know how long to rebuild the fuel injector pump.

But thanks

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #117  
Since following this post, I ordered the highly recommended Biobor JF Biocide and expect it tomorrow. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0014434DG/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1 As for how well it works, or compared to others of the ilk, if it works then I shouldn't easily recognize that "it's in there". ;)

I put PS white bottle, Howe's, and Stanadyne into all my diesel fuel rather than keep track of how it ages or what the 5 or 10 gal is immediately poured into. (of five diesels)

Don't forget to check out Mister Funnel if you haven't as a slightly messy but vitally capable safeguard against ever pouring water into the tank when fueling.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #118  
Unless a machine is prone to sit unused for long periods of time...There is no need for expensive additives for diesel fuel...just every other tank full or so run street legal diesel...it has all the additives needed to keep the fuel system and injectors healthy...most fuel issues come from unworthy suppliers with tainted tanks that buy off road fuel from unworthy wholesale suppliers...

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #119  
Unless a machine is prone to sit unused for long periods of time...There is no need for expensive additives for diesel fuel...just every other tank full or so run street legal diesel...it has all the additives needed to keep the fuel system and injectors healthy...most fuel issues come from unworthy suppliers with tainted tanks that buy off road fuel from unworthy wholesale suppliers...

:thumbsup: . . . how true /pine.

/ Quite a shocker let me tell you #120  

I also agree.