Quick Hitches quick hitch choice

/ quick hitch choice #1  

daugen

Super Star Member
Tractor
in between now
I've waited way too long to get a quick hitch on my Kubota
and asked the dealer what a Kubota quick hitch would cost.
The quote was something in the mid 400's or at least twice what I expected.
I use mostly Land Pride equipment.

Tractor Supply has them, ETA has them, and of course Pat's hitch does also, but a different device.
Before I give in and be hosed by the dealer, am I nuts not to get the Pat's hitches? Would the oem
hitch, which I'm assuming is solid stainless for that price..., be a better solution or just a marked up waste of money?

I'd really like to hear from anyone that has had the oem Kubota quick hitch and how it worked with non affiliated/old/weird stuff
you have hooked up. I don't mind paying more for increased quality or performance, but if I get neither, then I'm a plain chump.

there are lots of threads on this topic and I've read a bunch. Just checking one more time before I dial for dollars.
thanks
Drew

/ quick hitch choice #2  
For the money I'd get the Harbor freight hitch $104.00.
Use a 20% off coupon and its really affordable.
Mine has held up to some heavy abuse and is easy to use.
My local Harbor freight always has one in stock.

You'll need to order the adapter for the top link for $15.00 and then order quick hitch bushings for all of your lower pins.

Norther Tool has the best price on the lower bushings, free shipping to store.

NorTrac Quick-Hitch Bushing Set — Fits Category 1 Hitches | 3-Point Hitch Adapters| Northern Tool + Equipment

/ quick hitch choice #3  
Not familiar with the Kubota, but do have two of the HF's - haven't had a problem yet other than clearance on toplinks where the upper hook bolts to the QH - will probably fire up the welder fairly soon and make one change, a copy of the toplink portion of this

Quick Attach

Which, BTW, if you're gonna spend $400 for a QH I would certainly be lookin' SERIOUSLY at... Steve

/ quick hitch choice #4  
If you go the HF route, make sure you measure the clearance needed for each of your implements. I'm sure it works for many, but it did not for me. I originally purchased one based on price, but when I tried using it, only one of my attachments would work with it.

I then went another route and have been very happy since. Three words for you...Pat's, Pat's, and Pat's.
Good luck!

/ quick hitch choice #5  
Spend the money and go with a Land Pride and you will have no problems hooking up.

/ quick hitch choice #6  
Go with a imatch. It is pretty much identical to a LP but $100 less.

I would not trust a harbor freight QH on a tractor that big.

Here is a video I made comparing a HF QH to a imatch

/ quick hitch choice #7  
I have the HF one. Had to make some minor mods. If you are handy and have welding equip and a angle grinder it is easy. I bought the top and bottom bushings from the Land Pride dealer. They are in their manuals on line. I buy the long ones and cut to fit on length. HF had them on sale for 79.95 and the 20% coupon worked also. The unit, welding rod, a grinding disc, the upper link flex plates, some pins to replace bolts, and 10 LP bushings all cost around $200.00 and 3 hours of my time. If you are not into modifying stuff then pay the $400-300 depending on brand choice.

Ron

Ron

/ quick hitch choice #8  
Not familiar with the Kubota, but do have two of the HF's - haven't had a problem yet other than clearance on toplinks where the upper hook bolts to the QH - will probably fire up the welder fairly soon and make one change, a copy of the toplink portion of this

Quick Attach

Which, BTW, if you're gonna spend $400 for a QH I would certainly be lookin' SERIOUSLY at... Steve

Someone had that brand displayed at the De. State fair , its the only brand I have seen that's adjustable for width and easily adjusted for height .( not counting my home modified HF).
If I was going to buy another QH that would be the one I would want.

Last edited:
   / quick hitch choice #9  
This thread has my attention since I've been considering a quick hitch.

Seems the low and high end have been covered. What is in the middle? EA lists the Speeco Cat 1 for $270ish. That is more in my ball park. Any feed back on this one or others in this range? Posts on the HFreight unit leave me unimpressed.
Bob

/ quick hitch choice #10  
The speeco is about the same quality as the Harbor Freight but it will work right out the box were the HF QH requires some mods.