Quick Disconnects - Universal Type

/ Quick Disconnects - Universal Type #1  

LFEngineering

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota B1700, IH Cub Lo-Boy 185( Sold) & Deutz Allis 5215 (Sold)
So I'm installing a 2 spool valve on my tractor to be used for AUX circuits. I currently have no equipment with specific style/type quick disconnect. Most will accessories will be low flow if that factors in at all.

Is there one particular type that is universal among tractors / accessories?
Are they brand specific?
If you had to choose a particular style/type what would it be?

I have the chance to pick any type right now, I just want it to be the right or most common ones.

/ Quick Disconnects - Universal Type #2  
The two main types are "Pioneer" and "Flat Face".

Pioneer style...
...more common on tractors and ag implements
...lower flow
...drips a little more oil when disconnected
...available at your local tractor/farm supply store

Flat face...
...more common on skid loaders and their implements
...higher flow
...virtually no dripping when disconnected
...probably not as available locally

Note: Both types are available in different sizes.

/ Quick Disconnects - Universal Type #3  
There are many types of Pioneer couplings as well. Just to make it more interesting.

/ Quick Disconnects - Universal Type #4  
Pioneer is one of the brands of couplers, made by Parker. I'd recommend 1/2" Pioneer 4200 series couplers. They're the most common ISO 5675 "Ag" coupler (there are some other standards for similar couplers and of course they're not compatible). 1/2" is the common size for CUTs' aux valves. The 4200's sleeve unlocks in either direction which makes it easier to couple/uncouple when the female part is not mounted to a bulkhead. They're one of the easier couplers to couple and uncouple that I have used. These cost about $5 more for a set than the cheapest couplers but are worth it for ease of use. I've found them at TSC. They are made in both ball and poppet end styles but the ball is the most common. Ball and poppet ends are supposed to be compatible in ISO 5675 but they may not be, especially if you have two different brands of connectors.

You can set it up on the tractor with two females for each circuit, which is what is commonly done, or one female and one male. The advantage of that is that you always plug the hoses in the same way. Otherwise you have to mark each connector and hose, and figure out which way to connect new implements. But implements will come with two males if they have connectors at all.

/ Quick Disconnects - Universal Type #5  
I put a small yellow tye wrap around the bottom connector (China). When more than two, I use blue. Because, of course simply by chance, I would rarely get it right.