Questions about Kioti tractors

/ Questions about Kioti tractors #1  

ironman1952

Bronze Member
Tractor
2023 Kioti RX7320pccb
I am purchasing the RX730pccb
I have a couple of questions. I have been watching the 3 videos on you tube showing the factory building tractors.

Q1 I see them using cordless drills, air impact wrenches but I dont see them using torque wrenches at all.

Q2 At they bolt on the front part of the frame onto where it will eventyally go to the back axle they seem to be using just standard grade bolts, shouldn't those be grade 8 for greater shear strength? In fact it seems that there should be more grade 8 or better in other areas like bolting the wheels on etc. Now I am not a metallurgist so I may be off base if so I apologize :)

Thanks in advance for putting up with a Newbie :cool: Regards, Joe

/ Questions about Kioti tractors #2  
Many assembly devices used in factories have either preset or known-torque values that the achieve time and time again.

How do you know what grade bolts are being used? BTW, SAE grades are commonly 2, 5, and 8 whereas in the metric world (and I'm sure Kioti is all metric), the common grades are 5.8, 8.8, 10.9 and 12.9.

/ Questions about Kioti tractors #3  
Exactly what CoolTech said.

I would even bet they used mostly 10.9 grade hardware on their tractors. My Branson is also South Korean made and it's what they use for the most part.

Also, leaving this for reference:

Attachments

• 1652125928627.png
    1652125928627.png
    23 KB · Views: 960

• Good Post
Reactions: J&K
   / Questions about Kioti tractors #4  
Many assembly devices used in factories have either preset or known-torque values that the achieve time and time again.

How do you know what grade bolts are being used? BTW, SAE grades are commonly 2, 5, and 8 whereas in the metric world (and I'm sure Kioti is all metric), the common grades are 5.8, 8.8, 10.9 and 12.9.
I have not seen a video of Kioti tractor assembly in a long time so I don't know if they are using calibrated nut runners and the like - but those tools look like something you would buy at Home Depot, but cost about 10 times more. But they are very nice for calibrating to a particular torque and handing to an assembler. You can get a warning from the nut runner if it doesn't reach the correct torque.
Do you have a link for some of these videos?

/ Questions about Kioti tractors
As i mentioned in this post i am not a nut professional but they look like standard type bolts. Grade 8 (I know SAE) have a different color to them.
And not seeing a torque wrench makes me wonder I read a lot of posts that say the bolts or nuts weren't tight. The air impact wrenches seem like just a standard impact wrench.
Anyway I just thought i would ask. I am having a block heater installed and had watched a video where the one installed into the freeze plug just fell out.
The dealer said they changed the design since then.

I am ordering the shop service manual as well.

/ Questions about Kioti tractors #6  
my kioti is all metric bolts, and they have markings like 8.8 and 10.9 and such. They are not a different color like sae bolts. They also dont use hash marks.

i know tire dealers have torque extensions on their tools that bend at a certain torque. Not like standard torque wrenches.

also, where alot of complaints come from are the loader brackets being loose…as mine was. But there installed by the dealer, not the factory.

my tire lug nuts were also loose. Again, dealer installed.

/ Questions about Kioti tractors #7  
As i mentioned in this post i am not a nut professional but they look like standard type bolts. Grade 8 (I know SAE) have a different color to them.
Like said above.
Kioti uses metric bolts, they are not colored to grades.
I have owned my Kioti 22 years, never had an issue with broken or loose bolts

/ Questions about Kioti tractors #8  
my kioti is all metric bolts, and they have markings like 8.8 and 10.9 and such. They are not a different color like sae bolts. They also dont use hash marks.

i know tire dealers have torque extensions on their tools that bend at a certain torque. Not like standard torque wrenches.

also, where alot of complaints come from are the loader brackets being loose…as mine was. But there installed by the dealer, not the factory.

my tire lug nuts were also loose. Again, dealer installed.
I have misplaced my loader manual, but it probably says to check the torque on the loader fasteners. This is a good idea because the parts have paint that can migrate out of the joints causing the joints to become loose. Same thing with the wheel lug nuts.
One of these days, I will buy a large enough torque wrench to do those fasteners. Right now though, I just get a big wrench and check that all the fasteners are tight.
I wonder if they paint tractors after assembly to prevent the paint from being an issue. I saw in one of the videos that they were painting the engine, torque tube, and transmission/ rear axle this way. I have seen a Farmall video clip from way back around WW2 and they were also painting most of the tractor after assembly. Quite a bit different from how cars and trucks are painted!

/ Questions about Kioti tractors #9  
I just rewatched the 70 year video and it looks like a click type torque wrench at 1:58. I can't tell what he is torquing, but I wish they would grease the seals and torque the filter canisters right there. Those are a pain to get loose on the 50 hour service!
I think you are correct that most of the air wrenches they are using are not torquing to a specific value. Just like when you get new tires.

/ Questions about Kioti tractors
Thank you to all :) I have not taken possession yet and some of the problem videos at low hours scares me. I dont have thousands of dollars to pay for a new engine or ??? if the warranty does not cover.

I have been a cabinetmaker most of my life and so am pretty meticulous, which is how I will take care of this machine. At work We have a JD110 backhoe and the guy before me would grease everything on it and after years of doing that there was grease everywhere. I started little by little cleaning it off as too much grease just attracts and holds dirt which is abrasive. He came in one day and teased me, and asked was i also going to armor all it. :)

I think I will check the things you have mentioned that the dealer installed with a torque wrench first thing.
WHat do you guys think about moving the rear tires out to widen the stance?

Kind Regards, Joe