Price Check purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510

/ purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510 #1  

dirknm

Tractor
none
Newbie here -- I've been reading various posts for several weeks and since I'm getting close to a purchase, I have a few questions.

My situation: I have ~5 fairly flat acres near Taos, NM, with irrigation water, mostly pasture, and a small grove of Cottonwoods and Juniper trees. I'm at the beginning of a garage/shop and new-house build. I plan to use the tractor for smaller jobs on the build (moving pallets of building supplies around; light trenching with the backhoe; unloading; landscaping) irrigation ditch cleaning and maintenance, light snow plowing as necessary, and clean-up and feeding a horse.

I'm not sure why I've latched onto the Kioti brand. Part of it's that I've been to S. Korea a few times, toured several factories (not Kioti) and was impressed with the manufacturing and engineering skills I observed. Kioti is price-competitive and many people on sites like this obviously like their machines. I've operated a fair amount of light-to-heavy equipment in my life, but only sat in a 2610 and a 3510 to get a feel for the controls, etc.

The closest dealer is in Alcalde NM (1 hour away), but they have little inventory in stock. Colorado dealers seem to have more inventory to sell.

This is my first post, and hopefully I'll be successful in posting part of a price quote I received. The pallet forks are "Worksaver" brand and the grader blade is "brush chief." I'm also hoping to buy a mower (not fine mowing, just cutting back ~5 acres of weeds/grass) -- but don't have a price quote on that or any idea what mower brand to buy or avoid. I also got a quote on the 3510HST, but get the feeling it may be more of a machine than I really need.

So, any thoughts on the price quote? Any recommendations on a mower brand? Any thoughts on the 2610 HST vs the added HP of the 3510HST?

Thanks in advance,

Dirk

Attachments

• Kioti quote, 10Aug20.png
    Kioti quote, 10Aug20.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 470
   / purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510 #2  
That price for the 2610 is really high by about $3K from prices I have seen elsewhere. You are correct about no other dealers around. That is whyI went all the way up to Ft Collins CO to buy my first LS SCUT (mt125 tlb). I live in southern Santa Fe county. When I sold It, it was odd that a guy living a few miles outside of Ft Collins, drove all the way down here to buy it!

When I bought my second LS (XG3025 / MT225E), I Went all the way down to Austin Tx to get it. That is how confident I am in the LS tractors. I put 220 hours of hard work on the first one in under 2 years while building our house (everything like you are describing, including septic system). Not one problem! I sold that machine for almost what I paid for it! My second tractor has 180 hours on it in just over a year... no problems at all!

You might want to research the LS brand tractors, also Korean made. The MT225HE is comparable to the CK2610 in size and capabilities. The BH's are almost identical build... probably in the same Korean factory!

I got my tractor with the FEL, BH, 2 rear remotes, Posthole digger/ auger, and 60" HD box blade for UNDER $23,500 DELIVERED over 650 miles to my door!

Worth it to consider LS anyway....

/ purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510 #3  
   / purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510
Thanks for the insights! I'll check out the LS line. Gallup isn't too far.

I'm looking around the internet at other dealers, and it does look like this dealer is high. Breaking out the front end bucket for $4355 -- looks like there must be some padding there. But it looks like a seller's market right now. BTW, I'm fine with playing NM taxes, but when you've purchased out of state, have you paid taxes at the point of sale, or in NM? Would hate to pay taxes in both states. Not sure how tricky buying out of state is. --- Would be nice to have one delivered to my door!

/ purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510 #5  
What’s the altitude there? You may want to consider a turbocharged engine if you are over a few thousand feet, especially if you are considering a ck3510 with a DPF. The turbo engine will run cleaner at altitude and require fewer regeneration cycles over time.

/ purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510 #6  
Thanks for the insights! I'll check out the LS line. Gallup isn't too far.

I'm looking around the internet at other dealers, and it does look like this dealer is high. Breaking out the front end bucket for $4355 -- looks like there must be some padding there. But it looks like a seller's market right now. BTW, I'm fine with playing NM taxes, but when you've purchased out of state, have you paid taxes at the point of sale, or in NM? Would hate to pay taxes in both states. Not sure how tricky buying out of state is. --- Would be nice to have one delivered to my door!

The CO dealer did not charge any sales tax, the TX dealer would charge NM rate unless it is freighted (delivered) out of state.

/ purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510 #7  
What’s the altitude there? You may want to consider a turbocharged engine if you are over a few thousand feet, especially if you are considering a ck3510 with a DPF. The turbo engine will run cleaner at altitude and require fewer regeneration cycles over time.

I am at 7,000 ft and have not noticed any task that power was an issue. If the grass is too tall... slow down a bit, it will get cut.... Digging a hole, take another couple of bucketfuls...... I don't rush through any project. Most people around here use older small machines at 20-25 hp all day long....

There is one guy that has a JD 55 cab tractor.... he says "I bought one way too big". We all laugh when he can't turn around or get the tractor into where he needs. We are not out cutting large acreage of hay or plowing 20 acres.... no need for more HP or a turbo.

No regen needed with the Tractors at 25hp and under. Bigger, better, badder.... if money was no object, sure.... would it be worth it? Probably not...

/ purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510 #8  
That price for the 2610 is really high by about $3K from prices I have seen elsewhere. You are correct about no other dealers around. That is whyI went all the way up to Ft Collins CO to buy my first LS SCUT (mt125 tlb). I live in southern Santa Fe county. When I sold It, it was odd that a guy living a few miles outside of Ft Collins, drove all the way down here to buy it!

When I bought my second LS (XG3025 / MT225E), I Went all the way down to Austin Tx to get it. That is how confident I am in the LS tractors. I put 220 hours of hard work on the first one in under 2 years while building our house (everything like you are describing, including septic system). Not one problem! I sold that machine for almost what I paid for it! My second tractor has 180 hours on it in just over a year... no problems at all!

You might want to research the LS brand tractors, also Korean made. The MT225HE is comparable to the CK2610 in size and capabilities. The BH's are almost identical build... probably in the same Korean factory!

I got my tractor with the FEL, BH, 2 rear remotes, Posthole digger/ auger, and 60" HD box blade for UNDER $23,500 DELIVERED over 650 miles to my door!

Worth it to consider LS anyway....

Did you notice there is a $3500 trailer in that quote? It doesn't seem to far off to me if you subtract that, definitely not $3k.
For what it's worth, i have been very happy with my Kioti I bought in January. 30+ trouble free hours on my 7ac property.

/ purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510 #9  
No, totally missed that! ..... With the trailer in there, the price is definitely on the mark! Actually, probably a Fairly good price. Thanks for pointing that out!

/ purchase questions re: Kioti CK2610HST, or 3510 #10  
With the discount that the dealer is giving you, he's not way out of line considering he has little competition - the dealer in Belchertown, MA is a real decent / fair dealer he is a little higher than my area dealers simply because he can be, generally a higher income area - all in all you could most likely get three or four hundred off if they were plentiful, not sure when that is going to happen - as to performance - only comparison I can make; I've owned Kubota's and John Deere's - out of all of them I've had, Kioti would remain my top choice....