Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #111  
But the number of lug bolts are different.

Ok? Some cars run 1 nut , some run a ton. I worked on an axle that carried up to 14k lbs on a single tire. 1 nut. And the load it was rated for was much more than 14k since it could survive a pretty hard landing. Yet it was smaller than my 6k lb tractor axle.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #112  
Ok? Some cars run 1 nut , some run a ton. I worked on an axle that carried up to 14k lbs on a single tire. 1 nut. And the load it was rated for was much more than 14k since it could survive a pretty hard landing. Yet it was smaller than my 6k lb tractor axle.
Someone mentioned earlier that they used the number of lug nuts as an indicator of axle capacity. I didn't think that was necessarily so, and by your description it sounds like that's clearly not the case. The front and rear rims on my ck4010 both have the same number of lug bolts/nuts, yet the axle capacities are very different.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #113  
Dang, this sticker on this trailer says that when it's fully loaded it is more than my tractor will pull.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #114  
You can put a 6 or 8-lug hub on your small utility trailer if you want to just like putting a 2 5/16th ball coupler on so you aren't constantly swapping balls on your pickup or tractor trailer hitch.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #115  
This popped up in my YT feed today and I found it quite interesting. The obvious question: Why would a manufacturer build a front axel that is already at capacity before the bucket is even loaded?

Maybe Mfgrs figure capacity is load that axles can carry for X,000 hours but you aren't going to do loader work that often. If you're using loader for a large percent of time. Should get a skid steer.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #116  
My reaction to the video? Whatever. I was surprised Neal didn’t bash J.D. more but he refrained.

One point to be clear on, JD lists specific rear ballast requirements. He ignored that although I suspect it still overloads things by the axle specs. I owned a Kubota BX and currently own a JD 2025r. The 2025r has the same loader as the tractor in the video, just on a larger chassis, both the Kubota and the JD need ballast on the back.
So, the 1025r bucket holds 6 CF of material, meaning the max weight of material lifted would then be:

Gravel = 750 Lbs Dry
Sand = 600 Lbs Wet
Dirt = 480 Lbs Dry

I have the same bucket size on my Mahindra Max-24, and tractor+ Loader weight is 2300 lbs. My loader is capable of lifting 900 lbs, though I would never stress that type of load. How much counter weight would you suggest at 600 lbs?

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #117  
So, the 1025r bucket holds 6 CF of material, meaning the max weight of material lifted would then be:

Gravel = 750 Lbs Dry
Sand = 600 Lbs Wet
Dirt = 480 Lbs Dry

Yes, but the amount of load these weights apply to the front axle is increased by the lever effect, as the load is well forward of the axle.

How much counter weight would you suggest at 600 lbs?
Your owners manual should give pretty good detail on how much counterweight would be required, as there are numerous dimensions (loader COM from front axle, versus ballast COM from rear axle, and distance between axles) and weights (loader, bucket, material, ballast, tractor) that come into consideration.

Lacking that, a very rough rule of thumb might be to be sure the product of ballast mass x ballast COG to rear axle distance similar to the product of material + bucket mass x bucket COG to front axle distance. So, if your loaded bucket weighs 700 lb and it's center of mass (COM) located 3 feet forward of the front axle, it would be roughly balanced by the same 700 lb. placed 3 feet aft of the rear axle.

That's not to say this amount of ballast is required to prevent a tip, as the mass of the tractor and loader itself is aft of your front axle pivot point, it's only a rough estimate based on maintaining similar stability and axle load ratios to no loader at all.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #118  
I guess common sense is no longer required.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #119  
I guess common sense is no longer required.
I'm not sure common sense is involved at all, when trying to guess how well or how poorly some tractor manufacturer in India did or did not design their front axle.

/ Publishing Loader Capacity Numbers That Far Exceed The Capacity Of The Axles #120  
It seems to be a pretty common trend with inexperienced tractor owners to think since they paid a lot of money for their tractors that they should be indestructible and perform like a D6. In reality tractors are not industrial machinery and cost drastically less than machines that actually are.
It seems ironic to me, that one can often buy working, used industrial equipment for less than these new, tiny machines. Its not hard to find a decent D6, or payloader for 15k. Mind you, it won't be nearly as comfortable as the new machine.