PTO won't engage

/ PTO won't engage #1  

jrashkosr

Tractor
MT125
I checked the PTO switch and seat safety switch, both work. What is another place to check?

/ PTO won't engage #2  
fuse? power to the switch? grounds?

/ PTO won't engage #3  
Verify that your PTO selector is in either rear/both/front and not between settings,
Also you may need to lift and lower your 3 point to be able to run the pto.

/ PTO won't engage
Ok checked all that, late bloomer to the tractor world, LoL. Where is the PTO located exactly, thanks

/ PTO won't engage
PTO solenoid located?

/ PTO won't engage
Thanks for your reply, I have a mt125

/ PTO won't engage #9  
I believe if your not sitting in the seat the transmission has to be in neutral and the parking brake needs to be on in order for the PTO to work.

At least that’s the way it works on my XR4155 .

Last edited:
   / PTO won't engage #10  
I believe if your not sitting in the seat the transmission has to be in neutral and the parking brake needs to be on in order for the PTO to work.

At least that’s the way it works on my XR4155 .
I think I remember those days :unsure:

I bypassed a few safety switches, including the seat switch. I don't remember a parking brake switch, but mine is the gear model, so might be different? I can reach into the cab, without being in the cab, and turn on the PTO. Sounds kinda scary, but I make sure all is safe before doing this. Makes adjusting slip clutches much easier when I don't need to get on and off several times. Thats about the only time I do that.

Still havent relocated my switch to the side console yet either. So many projects, so little time.