3-Point Hitch PTO size?

/ PTO size? #31  
Sounds like your singing a different tune .. there's the likks you ask for..I think I know where the B.S is comming from:rolleyes:

Well-said, Kenmac. I was enjoying this too much to show them what I had dug up, but here is a thread I found among many from both TBN and the old (original) Yahoo forum.

Last edited:
   / PTO size? #32  
Well-said, Kenmac. I was enjoying this too much to show them what I had dug up, but here is a thread I found among many from both TBN and the old (original) Yahoo forum.

I agree Norm was getting a couple of good laughs myself :laughing: Alls good though :D

Carey

/ PTO size? #33  
I have never changed my stand on this from the start.

You are saying that ALL 3pt hoes are doomed to fail by breaking in half.

And I have always claimed that that's not true. There are many, many 3pt hoes working just fine.

You guys have also posted the same thread over and over, to which holds no proof, only hearsay.

/ PTO size? #34  
You are saying that ALL 3pt hoes are doomed to fail by breaking in half.
Look, we're here to share useful information. Not to argue.

Show me where it says in this thread "ALL 3pt hoes are doomed to fail by breaking in half."

You can't. You just made that up. You're tilting at windmills.

/ PTO size? #35  
OK, I may have jumped gun on the use of the 'all', but that's the drift many seem to be applying.

I just don't see it happening as often as folks say they do. It's always "I've heard of it happening"

By the way, it's a 06 JD-790 w/ 3pt BH.

/ PTO size? #36  
Nice pic.s Will. I use a 5103 with the same FEL. setup. Unbelieveable how user friendly it is. If I upgrade to a bigger tractor that will be on the must have list. Or since I am mostly the only user of it since 75 Hrs. I'm sure I'll get first dibbs.

Carey

/ PTO size? #37  
Any facts or links ?
Willl,

Regarding the issue of tractors breaking in half due to three-point backhoes....

We have sold a couple hundred backhoe attachments over the last 10 years, all but 4 of them were sub-frame mount. So we sold 4 that were three-point. We had a transmission-bellhousing failure on a Yanmar F18D with maybe 20 hours on the backhoe, then on a YM1820D with perhaps 100 hours on the backhoe. Both were busted in two. We licked our wounds and vowed to never again install a three-point backhoe. Having said that, I have dealer friends that have sold a large quantity of three-point backhoes with zero failures! :confused:

I guess if a guy were to insist on a three-point backhoe on a compact tractor, I would undersize the hoe a bit and lighten the pressure relief a little.

So it is a fact that it happens, been there, done that. The tuition for learning that lesson was expensive.