Pto generator

/ Pto generator #1  

Swblack1216

Silver Member
Tractor
Kioti ck25, Ford 4500
I finally got to test my PTO generator bought it, not knowing if it worked or not anyway took you gurus advice and bought the digital meter. I it seems to be working fine. My question is in one picture I have it running with the tires off, which puts it level and a straight line with my tractor, the other picture shows it with the tires on would that be bad to run it like that? Any advice is appreciated as always you guys are great TIA. IMG_1513.jpegIMG_1512.jpeg

/ Pto generator #3  
They also wear out faster at higher angles. One of my implements came with a chart in the manual describing the shaft life at various angles, and it was an eye opener.
I think I would get some smaller wheels, or back the generator into a dug out area of it's going to be used in a specific place.

/ Pto generator #4  
I don't disagree with Rob. However I wouldn't take the wheels off to run it. What you might do is find some smaller wheels for the trailer.

/ Pto generator #5  
They also wear out faster at higher angles. One of my implements came with a chart in the manual describing the shaft life at various angles, and it was an eye opener.
Those aren't really bad angles. I run PTO implements all the time with worse angles than that.

/ Pto generator #6  
What you get with angle driveshaft is some output oscillation on voltage. U-joint driveshaft is not constant velocity. Winco recommends <5 degrees angle from straight.

My 3pt mounted generator was oscillating being offset slightly to one side. Centered and output returned to steady.

Smaller wheels, change axle configuration, convert to 3pt mount, many solutions.

/ Pto generator #7  
I would find a pair of small wheels/tires for a small trailer or golf car.

/ Pto generator #8  
Plus one for finding smaller wheels. That looks like an old winco genny, they are of great quality.

/ Pto generator #9  
Smaller wheels wouldn't help the angle at the generator unless the tongue is modified to lower the front end of the cart.

/ Pto generator
I think I would get some smaller wheels, or back the generator into a dug out area of it's going to be used in a specific place.
I have other wheels, but the hope is too big, those Are a strange size bolt pattern and cone shape. I think I will just run it with the wheels off. I have a spot where I'm gonna be running it. Just trying to get ready for the zombie apocalypse