PTO and Powershift tranny question

/ PTO and Powershift tranny question #11  
I have changed the ring and pinion on an FX24D and a YM1720D for exactly the reason you stated.
The problem with the powershift is that you have to wait for the mower to stop spinning because when you go from neutral to drive it will catch and put a huge strain on your PTO
I would just buy a clutch and put it on, that way you will always be ready for another job, and its cheap insurance.
If you break the spider gears or ring & pinion you wont be happy.:cry:
Buy the clutch !! ;)

/ PTO and Powershift tranny question
The problem with the powershift is that you have to wait for the mower to stop spinning because when you go from neutral to drive it will catch and put a huge strain on your PTO
I would just buy a clutch and put it on, that way you will always be ready for another job, and its cheap insurance.
If you break the spider gears or ring & pinion you wont be happy.:cry:
Buy the clutch !! ;)
Thanks for that info. It looks like I need a clutch.
Eric

I changed my mind on the overrun clutch purchase. To obviate the purchase the Bush Hogging job won't be done. I will sell the Bush Hog as originally planned along with the Ford 9N. I instead ordered a new headlight to replace the one I broke and a new dash because mine is badly cracked. Thanks everyone for the replies. If I had done the job without the clutch I could have damaged my Yanmar, which would have been a shame. I really like the tractor, it's almost like a friend.
Thanks,
Eric

/ PTO and Powershift tranny question #14  
Thanks to you too. The folks here on TBN have been really helpful. Especially for people who own and use Grey market and old equipment. I tell others about TBN as often as possible. Nice people, lotsa good advice, and almost no politics.
Eric
And hopefully spread the word of,

Several from TBN and the other 4 tractor forums with Yanmar machines are there too. It's like getting all of the forum people in one big location. ;) Plus and international audience of members who can get parts to the US easily.

/ PTO and Powershift tranny question #15  
Thanks for that info. It looks like I need a clutch.
Eric
That's the first item Fredricks asked when I got my machine of, Do you plan to mow via the PTO. So I got the over-run clutch. It's way better built than the ones sold by TSC and other places.

That's the first item Fredricks asked when I got my machine of, Do you plan to mow via the PTO. So I got the over-run clutch. It's way better built than the ones sold by TSC and other places.
I decided not to use the Bush Hog. So instead of ordering the clutch I ordered a new headlight and a new dash. The dash won't make the tractor work better but I'm sure the old YM will appreciate having the cracked dash replaced. And who knows how long the dashes will be available. I can't imagine they were made special for Frederick's, I figure they are probably Yanmar factory or made for Yanmar.
Eric.

/ PTO and Powershift tranny question #17  
I decided not to use the Bush Hog. So instead of ordering the clutch I ordered a new headlight and a new dash. The dash won't make the tractor work better but I'm sure the old YM will appreciate having the cracked dash replaced. And who knows how long the dashes will be available. I can't imagine they were made special for Frederick's, I figure they are probably Yanmar factory or made for Yanmar.
Eric.
Chances are, they could be 3D printed. Some of the sites with replacement dashes have gone that way.

Chances are, they could be 3D printed. Some of the sites with replacement dashes have gone that way.
It could be 3D printed. I would be surprised though. In any case a 3D print is easy to recognize. I will report on the dash when it arrives. I expect it to be the same quality and material as the original.
Eric

/ PTO and Powershift tranny question #19  
It could be 3D printed. I would be surprised though. In any case a 3D print is easy to recognize. I will report on the dash when it arrives. I expect it to be the same quality and material as the original.
Eric
Don't expect too much. :rolleyes:

Don't expect too much. :rolleyes:
What do you mean? Have you seen one of these? Are they crummy? I guess it doesn't matter now because it has been shipped already. When it arrives I'll be able to and so will report here about the quality.
Eric