Tires PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix #1  

MossRoad

Super Moderator
Tractor
Power Trac PT425 2001 Model Year
Has anyone else noticed that the turf tires on the PT400 series get flats easily? I think I picked up some thorns a few months ago while brush hogging and have been getting slow leaks in the front tires ever since.

I slimed my front tires last night, just before mowing, so that it spread around for about a half an hour.

The slime was very easy to add. It came with a tire valve removal tool. Remove the valve, let the air out, squeeze in the slime, re-install the valve and inflate tire to specs. Took about 3-4 minutes per tire. Drive around for a while to spread it around inside the tires.

I'll let you know if it holds up.

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix #2  
Where'd you buy the slime, Moss?

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix #3  
SEARS lawn and garden carries this product
PJ

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix
Advance Auto Parts
Under $10.00 per bottle.
I put one bottle in each front tire.
I have two left for the rears.
I used the FEL to raise the front tires off of the ground just for fun.

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix #5  
Please let us know, I have the same problem with my case, and I am sure with a new PT (I hope)!

KCook

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix #6  
I use Slime in my ATV, wheel barrow, side mower, water carrier, trailer, and my lawn tractor. It works great, except when I slash a tire on a rock. Roberty

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix #7  
I bought a gallon of Gemplers HD stuff for the tractor and a couple quarts of the reg duty for the implements only to find this morning that two of the rough cut mower wheels are foam filled and on two of the four tractor tires something green came out when I went to remove the valve cores. Slime? Gonna call the factory before I go further.

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix #8  
I also use the pink stuff from gemplers. Lot cheaper than slime when buying by the gal. (The green stuff is probably slime). 3 gal did my kubota, riding lawnmower, two wheel wheel barrow, and single sheel barrow. Have'nt had as much as a slow leak in anything since installation, not even the lawn tracor which sat unused all winter.

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix #9  
Green stuff could be anti freeze for weight??
PTRich

/ PT425 Flat Turf Tires & Slime Fix #10  
My PT 1845 didn't come with slime. Last weekend I put in a quart per tire from Harbor Freight Tools. $57.91. As usual, I hear about the cheaper alternative right after I buy something.