PT1850 Replacement Tires

/ PT1850 Replacement Tires #1  

BWSwamper

Bronze Member
Tractor
PowerTrac
I am now planning to replace the tires on my PT1850. I bought the machine used and it came with 10 ply trencher style tires. I have now started using the machine on steeper slopes and need the full performance of the machine.

I have been looking at the OTR Lawn Trac which appears to be a slightly improved version of the standard bar tire. I had been thinking of 6 ply for a little better protection, but don't want to trade off too much slope performance.

Which replacement tires have you guys been using? Power Trac apparently has switched to the Antego bar tires.

Attachments

• OTR 1.jpg
    OTR 1.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 71
  • OTR 2.jpg
    OTR 2.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 68
   / PT1850 Replacement Tires #2  
On my 1850, lower ply here w gemplers ultra seal. No flats. Good slope performance.

/ PT1850 Replacement Tires
Are you still using the original V pattern bar tires?

/ PT1850 Replacement Tires #5  
I have the originals plus some turfs on sale at Surplus Center.

/ PT1850 Replacement Tires #6  
I gotta check but it is either 6 ply or 8 ply. I run my machine in the forest and with tons of sticks and such my tires get punctured through the sidewalls constantly. Gemplers is a waste IMO, good if you live in an area with small sharp point things but bad if you are running low pressure and large sticks, limbs push in your sidewalls. gets expensive loosing all the goo. 4 ply, and gemplers would be for a machine that is primarily a steep slope mower. Mine is not, probably more grapple time than mower time (but mowing is a very close 2nd).

/ PT1850 Replacement Tires #7  
I must be lucky. Half my time on the tractor is spent in the woods including driving through piles of branches and I have not had any sidewall punctures that I know of. There are a few places that have slices in the rubber.

Ken

/ PT1850 Replacement Tires
Which variety of ultra seal is appropriate here?

/ PT1850 Replacement Tires #9  
Bulletproof-Grade Ultraseal. In harsh terrain and conditions I've been impressed. I can definitely see where lower pressure and more slope would lead to a different experience. Ymmv and more than anything figure out how to protect your valve stems. I went the welded pipe chunk route.