PT Joystick sensitivity

/ PT Joystick sensitivity #1  

marrt

Platinum Member
Tractor
Power Trac 1845 and 425
Mossroad, when testing a PT422 at the factory, I noted the joystick sensitivity you mentioned on your web site review. This sensitivity “slowed me down” as I was always correcting/overcorrecting the adjustments. I know with experience this issue would be partially mitigated. Also, reducing the RPMs will partially correct the problem as well. However, have you contacted the factory to see if there is a way to reduce the sensitivity or have you just grown to accept it with more experience?

/ PT Joystick sensitivity #2  
I noticed it when I first used the machine. I got used to it and actually like how responsive it is with minor movements...

/ PT Joystick sensitivity #3  
You do over correct at first but quickly adapt. I have gotten to a point where I like it a lot better than hydralics on other machines. It makes the productivity very good. You can change direction rapidly, turn quickly and put your implement where you want it quickly. I would not want to change mine at all.
PTRich

/ PT Joystick sensitivity #4  
Now, with over 30 hours on just the loader buckets alone, I'm finding it very easy to operate. You get used to it. I find it is most sensitive towards the end of the dump cycle. This ends up being great when dumping the bucket as you get a nice snap which really cleans out the bucket in a hurry. On the other hand, you have to remember this if, for some reason, you want to use an implemement towards the end of the stroke, to do some precise positioning. It is easy to whack something very hard. I find it to be only about the last six inches of the dump cycle.

I asked them about this on the phone and they said that there is no adjustment, except in the operator /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif. You'll get used to it.

/ PT Joystick sensitivity #5  
Marrt:
I agree with the others. Although I thought the controls on the PT 1845 were really sudden at first, now with 50 hours on the machine I have gotten nearly completely comfortable with it, and don't have any trouble doing fine adjustments.