Mowing PT 1845 mowing in wet

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet
Chris:
I have not been meticulous in keeping my 1845 clean. It too is an very efficient dust collector. So far, I have been able to blow most of it out with an air hose, but for the 50 hour service I'll be going to Simple Green and water, as well. I'm concerned about the electrics, so I'm not going to pressure wash , and will be avoiding the wiring where I can.

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #13  
Re: Power-washing a PT !!!

Charlie,

Please, for all of TBN's benefit, don't hold back! Being a lead PT guy known for pushing the edge with thorough research*, by all means, go ahead and try it! Then if we find out from your experience that it can't take power washing, we'll know not to do it and why!! /w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif/w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif

If you have a problem, mayhaps we can rally a vote** among PT forum readers and posters, to create a special PT lobby to convince Muhammad to reimburse you** for your trouble (out of future proceeds he'll make from this, now even more, magnetic site (more so because of your and other's value-added contributions).

Please note:

* I, Wasabi, (PT wannabe, soon to be 2445 owner, then operator) do hereby originate, register, reference and copyright the unique, identifying phrase, heretofore known as the "Iliff-Lacklander Syndrome", as exclusive property of Wasabi Productions, an IRG, LLC, DBA, all worldwide rights reserved.

Usage is granted to registered TBN members so long as reiteration occurs only within TBN online forums

** No performance promise intended or implied.
. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet

<font color=red>Then if we find out from your experience that it can't take power washing, we'll know not to do it and why!! </font color=red>
Doug:
In order for any such research to have proper controls, it should not be confined to one investigator. So, as soon as you get your PT, bring it on up to Maryland, and we'll get the true PT test pilot, Bubenberg, to run it through its full repertoire of potentially dangerous activity, and then I will power wash it to see if the paint can be removed with normal pressures. All of this, of course, will be monitored by an impartial panel of experts, selected and chaired by moderator Chalkley.
Muhammad will be entitled to all royalties from the published report.

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #15  

I agree with you about utilizing proper research controls. If we are going to gather for such an important event, why not go all the way....as previously offered, (even tho I'm a newbie) I'll be pleased to host the event so that everyone can try their hand at various land-clearing, road-building, pasture preparation and fence building tasks involving moving large amounts or dirt, rock, trees etc, in a suitably challenging and potentially dangerous (mountainous terrain) environ. We can orchestrate it with a curriculum approach, with vendors bellying up to the bar for equipment demos and tests.

All those travelling through the mountains to reach the Bearpen can also report and attest regarding sundry trailer issues and handling factors. We can have a maintenance team on hand to check equipment and a safety board. I'll even supply the power washer, but will first have to consult with MChalkley /w3tcompact/icons/king.gif to properly customize it for the upcoming challenge. When we're done with it, we'll need his truck to haul it and it will probably be able to dig holes as well as his Earth Force! /w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

Fun for the whole family and educational to the Nth! A TBN kind of event that could become an annual affair! In exchange for coordination, libations (no koolaid, tho) and vittles, "I'll" get a ton done!! /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif/w3tcompact/icons/grin.gif

<font color=red>Muhammad will be entitled to all royalties from the published report.</font color=red>...ok, alright, I'll concede the rights for such a great cause. /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet

<font color=red>everyone can try their hand at various land-clearing, road-building, pasture preparation and fence building tasks involving moving large amounts or dirt, rock, trees etc, in a suitably challenging and potentially dangerous (mountainous terrain) environ. We can orchestrate it with a curriculum approach, with vendors bellying up to the bar for equipment demos and tests.</font color=red>
Nah: - As I wrote you before, just tell Mark his Earth Force isn't up to it, and by this time next year your place will look like the Kentucky horse farms in the Suburban ad. Of course, you may miss the mountains a bit.

<font color=blue>We can orchestrate it with a curriculum approach, with vendors bellying up to the bar for equipment demos and tests.
</font color=blue> Might work, but don't tell the others that Earth Force and Power Trac might be there.

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #17  
we have power washed the 425 every 50 hrs or when working in the deep mud. don't know how much electronic gear you have on your 1800 dream machine. but so far no problems. evidently, we don't use the full pressure every where.

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet
Hans:
Nothing electronic on the 1845, but I've had some looseness of tab connectors on the solenoid for the tilt seat. I don't want to add any more corrosion than necessary to those and the PTO solenoid, etc. So, I'll wash with low pressure away from the electrics.