Mowing PT 1845 mowing in wet

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #1  

Charlie_Iliff

Veteran Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT1845, John Deere 2240, John Deere 950, John Deere 755, Jacobsen Turf Cat II
Answers to questions I know you all have had:

1. The rough cut mower on the PT 1845 mows wet pasture grass just fine.
2. The PT 1845 canopy does not keep all the rain off the operator.
3. Even in the dark, in the rain, the PT 1845 will run at least an hour after the fuel gauge touches E.

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #2  
where is the expose of vapor looking on a 45 degree hillside?
hope you never have this happen to you. one of my neigbors back home had this experience in the middle of hay season, what a mess!

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #3  
Charlie, I had to laugh when reading our post. Sounds like all three happened to you in the same evening. Good thing that gas guage is a little off.
PJ

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet
Paul: I cheated a little. The last time the gauge hit E I overflowed it putting 9 gallons in the 12 gallon tank, so I knew I had a cushion.
I was curious how thw machine would handle the wet, so I mowed two hours last night in the rain. Now I know it handles it fine, so I don't need to do that any more.

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet
Hans: no 45 degree hillsides for me.

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #6  
The PT425 canopy does a good job keeping you dry in light rain, however the water coming off the 6 foot high brush tends to soak your legs when it snaps past the ROPS bars /w3tcompact/icons/tongue.gif

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #7  
Now what would you know about mowing in the wet lately David /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

Looks like we're finally going to have something of a dry spell. Should be a while before we're complaining about the heat though /w3tcompact/icons/smile.gif

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #8  
Speaking of water and such, what does everyone do in cleaning their beast. Is it safe to get a hose and just start spraying :) I notice a great deal of dust build up especially after tilling with wind and was wanting to clean it up. I've just been wiping everything but this doesn't pick up the hard to reach places....

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #9  
Rain? We don't get any rain in spring in South Bend /w3tcompact/icons/laugh.gif.

I've pumped the water off of my pool cover so many times, I can't count it.

And how about the cold last night? I went out about an hour ago. We lost all of our pears, all of our yellow delicious apples, all of our grapes and most of our cherries and peaches as well. Strawberries look OK. And bedding plants appear to have made it.

/ PT 1845 mowing in wet #10  
It's been raining every couple of days up here in Maine. We need the rain though. (light frost last night as well) Whats great is that nothing stops the PT bushhog, wet, dry or frozen, if it runs it over, it cuts it.

Duane