Rotary Cutter Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase .

/ Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase . #1  

HEC

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota M5700 @ B2650HSDC
Pros ,

1. Seems to be very well built

2. Excellent welds etc.

3. Nice people at E. A. to do business with

Cons ,

1. No paper work at all for the cutter ,there was for the pto shaft , not a problem for me as i have used rotaty cutters in the past . There was no grease in any of the fittings and needed a little gear oil , slip clutch needed to be freed up , which a new person to this type of equipment might not know .

2. I could see no way possible to grease the knuckle next to slip clutch without taking the pto shaft and clutch assembly off as it was pointing right at the clutch assembly in tight quarters . If they had put the grease fitting in front it would not have been a problem .

3. PTO shaft was not long enough , i needed to use an extender for my M5700 Kubota , and i wasn't using a quick hitch .

4. Fedex handleing of this cutter was really bad . It was sent out on a pallet which never made it to my place , just a broken piece on top of the deck . It was wrapped in plastic which was all torn . The cutter had several places of missing paint and a dent in the front portion where a pallet jack or what ever was used to move it around .

5. I have used several rotary cutters in the past and this is by far the loudest cutter i have ever used . I believe it is just the harmonics of the cutter itself on my tractor as everything else checked out to be okay . I will try to use something on top of the deck to try and quiet in down a bit .

6. I bought some kubota orange paint to fix that problem and to prevent any rusting .

7. I will put the shield over the clutch assembly back on next summer as I will take off the entire shaft and clutch and store it in my shop for the winter .

Attachments

• 100_0531.JPG
    100_0531.JPG
    698 KB · Views: 444
   / Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase . #2  
Thanks for the review and information!

/ Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase . #3  
The welds do look solid. I am surprised by the PTO issue.

/ Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase . #4  
I'm surprised about no paperwork for the cutter - could it be missing due to the damaged shipment?

/ Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase .
As far as the paper work , I did mention I didn't get any and they weren't concerned about it or offer to send me any . I know they have records of purchase so I'm not concerned about it either. If they did send any it was lost in shipment . I was surprised about the pto shaft as well , I will say it is a very rugged one for sure , just was about 6 inches to short .

/ Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase . #6  
I have the same unit that I run on my JD 2032R, it's even orange too. Men arrived in pretty good shape, pallet was intact, just a couple of minor scratches in the paint. I don't blame EA for that, the people running the towmotors at the trucking terminals could care less on how they handle things. Mine hooked up with no driveshaft issues. I was surprised how quiet it is. Maybe you could try varying the rpm's a bit to see if the noise goes away. If not, give them a call, they're pretty helpful.

/ Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase . #7  
----------------------------------------------

3. PTO shaft was not long enough , i needed to use an extender for my M5700 Kubota , and i wasn't using a quick hitch .

---------------------------------------------------------

Did you see this new Thread?: https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/403966-72-ea-brush-cutter-check.html

Here is the post:
A few months ago, EA made some staff changes in the final assembly department, which apparently resulted in some 72" rotary cutters going out with the wrong length PTO shafts.

If you have a 72" EA brush cutter, please check the COLLAPSED OVERALL length of the shaft.

If it is 46" overall, the shaft is incorrect.

The shaft should measure 54" overall.

If you have the incorrect shaft, we will send the correct one to you ASAP.
Travis

/ Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase . #8  
Good point, Xfaxman.

But I thing it would have been more prudent for EverythingAttachments to notify the purchasers of their 72" rotary cutters directly rather than just resorting to commenting on this site. :confused3:

/ Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase . #9  
Some cutters will have the paperwork taped to the underside.

/ Pros and cons of a new Everything Attachment 6ft. rotary cutter purchase .
I did get a call from Travis a couple days ago from EA and they are going to send the correct pto shaft as mine was the 46" and not the 54" .