Not open for further replies.
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #71  
“duals in the street”?
WTH?
I hope not!
You spend a lot of time on Twitter?

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #72  
   / Proposed update to front porch forum rules #73  
soft insults should be completely acceptable.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #74  
soft insults should be completely acceptable.
Agreed. But the problem is it now becomes a judgment thing.

When things get close to or slightly over the line......one persons idea of acceptable and another's idea may be different.

So therein lies the problem. And the perception that rules are not enforced equally.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #75  
Agreed. But the problem is it now becomes a judgment thing.

When things get close to or slightly over the line......one persons idea of acceptable and another's idea may be different.

So therein lies the problem. And the perception that rules are not enforced equally.
And the problem grows when the violator slowly escalates the insults in an attempt to incite retribution. Then blame the respondent. When the smoke clears it's obvious to anyone paying attention how it started.

My point being, a soft warning to you might get the job done where it takes a slap in the face to get my attention.

So moderation needs to be tracked. So repeat offenders are exposed and dealt with more severely.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #76  
There is a difference between good natured ribbing and teeth kicking. I've seen a lot of the first and very little of the second.

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #78  
Should not need Moderator on a tractor forum . Grow up or go home . Muhammad does a good with this site . Let us respect that . Kevin .

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #79  
If we only had a font for sarcasm and 'good-natured ribbing'.
Could be a good idea. Hard to do in print otherwise I'd guess. Some threads get so off track with people correcting spelling errors or splitting hairs about simple questions, sounds more like a bunch of wimmen getting their hair done rather than guys you'd sit and have a bier with... Anyone see my slippers?

/ Proposed update to front porch forum rules #80  
You would have to be pretty stupid to allow someone access to that much info on an internet forum.

Youd be surprised what people can dig up on others.

Status
Not open for further replies.