Property Question

/ Property Question
My suggestion is would be...If you like the house, buy all of the 10 acres, and turn around and sell the back 5.5 to one of the adjacent landowners. But I would make that deal, before buying.

Or, maybe you could buy the land between the 4 and the 5.5 acres to give you better access. The 8' easment is not wide enough to build access.

And without access, the 5.5 acres is pretty worthless unless there is oil under it.
I dont know that the county would allow the 5.5 to be broken off. I know nowadays, they would never allow a parent parcel to be broken up like this; I think the min access easement is 20 ft, for a single easement, going upto 40 ft if serving more than a single parcel. In theory, they are suppost to try to avoid allowing useless parcels. Noone benefits from micro remainder parcels... and sooner or later, they end up getting tax for taxes, and the county doesn't want/need a bunch of owned micro parcels.

/ Property Question #22  
It's all zoned Ag.
Ag is a very broad brush....

Ag1 or Ag2 or reserved AG???? The designation means everything as far as permitted uses go. if you are serious, I'd be taking a trip to the township offices and looking hard at the ordinance and their topo maps.

Also curious as to how long it's been on the market and if there are / were any other offers pending or withdrawn.

/ Property Question #23  
Talk to the county planing department about the parcel.

Around here they have land designated as "Wetlands". Often seasonally wet.

It could well be a negative. Land you have to marginally maintain, but would have very little development or use you could do on it. And it isn't as if it is a pasture you can really see from your back porch.

/ Property Question #24  
This seems more like a gimmick than an asset. I wonder who designed the subdivision.

/ Property Question
Talk to the county planing department about the parcel.

Around here they have land designated as "Wetlands". Often seasonally wet.

It could well be a negative. Land you have to marginally maintain, but would have very little development or use you could do on it. And it isn't as if it is a pasture you can really see from your back porch.

Yes, the entire low 5.5 is wetlands; everything is Ag A-2 zoning.

/ Property Question #27  
I would definitely find out what the taxes will be on that piece of ground.
Perhaps there would be some special tax category for leaving that chunk "natural". Possibly impacting more than just property taxes.

This seems more like a gimmick than an asset. I wonder who designed the subdivision.

Perhaps a minimum lot size of 9 acres, so they decided to Gerrymander it a bit.

What an absolute mess!!!

/ Property Question
So, the rabbit hole... I did some reading on what specifically Ag-2 is, and it's very broad and pretty permissive. Can't go over 35 ft vertical, have set back requirements, ect, no ag ponds larger than 5 acres. Then did some reading on Wetlands; and normal agricultural (including farming and forestry) are allowed, but not mechanical clearing without a permit. No dredging/filling, without a permit (and likely mitigation).
Screenshot_20240310_165359_Drive.jpg
Screenshot_20240310_165938_Chrome.jpg

/ Property Question
I've kinda talked by self into and out of exploring it further several times. Not a huge fan of the lay out of the main 4.1 acres; as the home, and a small pond take up the middle, and there isn't any good stretches of area to do much with. The 5.5 acres does touch a permanent water hole, of approx 17.5 acres which is nice, if it's got some wildlife/fish.