/ Property Development #21  
Maybe we are on the down side of winter. For 7 years we were feeding a one legged seagull. In Oct it would go away and come back in April when the weather was turning for the better. On his return he would hover at the window then the feeding would start again. Well the seagull came back today. Maybe he knows something.
That's a sweet story, and to be in tune with nature and your land like you are is a rarity today.

/ Property Development #22  
I just found this thread. I have been clearing trails and some land areas around my property.
Mostly using saws and saw blade brushcutter. Then keeping clear with a flail mower.

The one thing I am trying to do is figure out in the cleared areas is how to keep it attractive for wildlife.
The trail area is dense growth, but opening up land means less areas for wildlife to graze/hide.
So I will need to create areas for them to move between.

Thanks for sharing your work and pictures. Really beautiful area.

/ Property Development
I just found this thread. I have been clearing trails and some land areas around my property.
Mostly using saws and saw blade brushcutter. Then keeping clear with a flail mower.

The one thing I am trying to do is figure out in the cleared areas is how to keep it attractive for wildlife.
The trail area is dense growth, but opening up land means less areas for wildlife to graze/hide.

One way is to leave piles of brush. Animals makes use of brush piles. Neatly piled brush piles are not an eye sore. Also don't cut all the dead stuff. Insects lives in dead trees and is part of the important food chain.

/ Property Development
That's a sweet story, and to be in tune with nature and your land like you are is a rarity today.
Yes I am very lucky. I grew up with a caring parents. My father was a lumberjack and a mother who loved angling. Needless too say I spent most of my growing up in the woods. Had this crazy idea to go to university and get a computer job and suffered for 30 years in an office. I guess it put food on the table and money in my pocket but I had enough of that. Retired early with not enough money but will get by I'm sure.

/ Property Development
Between yesterday and today I spent 10 hours blowing snow. Here in Nova Scotia the price of diesel is going up 17 cents per litre. It will be $1.87 per litre. I blow snow in my community to make some extra money. I hate to raise the rates because many customers are seniors and can't afford much more. Their driveways are very long and they are already paying $1000 for snow removal. Man we live in different times.

/ Property Development #26  
I do leave some of the fallen trees and stumps and I have a front area of a few acres which I have trails, but the woods around the trails are untouched.
Inflation is getting us here in the states. I don't mind paying more to reduce our need to foreign oil.
It's the rest of the price gouging that bothers me.

/ Property Development
I guess we both know inflation is coming whether we like it or not. Wish we had access to more domestic fuel. I would pay a bit more for fuel as well as if it was a North American company doing the mining. Not so much if a foreign identity came in.

How many acres do you own?

/ Property Development #28  
I have 6 acres and most of the big trees are ash. Though I do have elm, cherry, shagbark, cedar, maple, pine and whatever else found a foot hold.
Wonder why we are not going full tilt on fusion. Seems to just be a lot of small labs working on this.

My neighbor and I both share plowing, and we have neighbors with larger undeveloped tracks so animals can roam through. There is only one hunter left on the adjoining property. He is quiet and efficient which is nice.
We had some hunters on the property behind us that were a nuisance and was not sorry to see them go when that property was sold.

I try to keep my trails just wide enough for my SCUT, so there is plenty of growth around for critter snacking and nesting. We seem to have a new fox litter right across from my house, so mouse problems are less than they were a few years back.

/ Property Development
I have 6 acres and most of the big trees are ash. Though I do have elm, cherry, shagbark, cedar, maple, pine and whatever else found a foot hold.
Wonder why we are not going full tilt on fusion. Seems to just be a lot of small labs working on this.

My neighbor and I both share plowing, and we have neighbors with larger undeveloped tracks so animals can roam through. There is only one hunter left on the adjoining property. He is quiet and efficient which is nice.
We had some hunters on the property behind us that were a nuisance and was not sorry to see them go when that property was sold.

I try to keep my trails just wide enough for my SCUT, so there is plenty of growth around for critter snacking and nesting. We seem to have a new fox litter right across from my house, so mouse problems are less than they were a few years back.

New neighbour doesn’t like the foxes we have roaming around. Makes his dog bark. He know we like seeing them and they keep the rodent population down. Kind of pompous of him to want them dead because it makes the dog bark. Anyway I hope they don’t disappear.

/ Property Development

6 acres is nice. Lots of room to get mentally lost in.