/ Property Development
A few years ago I lost power for a week from a winter Ice Storm. At that time, my only way to heat my house was from electricity. Once Summer hit, I bought and installed a wood stove and started cutting and storing firewood. Now my house is only heated from firewood. I feel sorry for everyone that is relying on electricity or natural gas, or oil to heat their homes. If you can get it, what will it cost?

Love wood heat. I

/ Property Development
Beautiful property and looking forward to following your project. Want to get up Cape Breton area way one day - closest I've been is Amherst NS.

It might be worth your trip. The changing of the leaves during the 1st or second week of October is beautiful. There is a week long music festival called Celtic Colours during that time.

/ Property Development
Ice storm chaos. To supplement my income I snow blow 23 driveways in my neighbourhood. On Feb 7 we had 24 hours of freezing rain and ice pellets. It made for 6 inches of ice pack which was like cement to move.

/ Property Development
I got through the ice storm. I was thinking that I would have a good crust to walk on as I cut out the road down by my cabin. The next day the weather turn 7 degrees and the rust would no long support my weight. Every second step I was breaking through to above my knee in snow. It is hard going for an old guy with a big heavy power saw in his hands.

/ Property Development #15  
I feel your pain moving that mess of sleet and freezing rain - we only had 3" of that mess Friday the 5th into the night and Saturday AM it was 10* F and a frozen mess. Took me 3 hours to clean up our drive with the bucket at 45* to the pavement then multiple passes with that and the rear blade I got most of it.

Then it warmed up Monday and melted a lot, then this week it went from 5* to 55* on Thursday and today. Crazy weather we are having this year. I prefer a foot of snow or more to that ice mess.

Feels like we are on the down side of winter here now but time will tell - glad your doing well and still at it!

/ Property Development #16  
Here in Texas, most of us think of Montana as the extreme North, and where it's too cold to live. Then there is Canada, an entire Country even farther North. It's just amazing to me how you guys deal with winter up there!!!

/ Property Development
I feel your pain moving that mess of sleet and freezing rain - we only had 3" of that mess Friday the 5th into the night and Saturday AM it was 10* F and a frozen mess. Took me 3 hours to clean up our drive with the bucket at 45* to the pavement then multiple passes with that and the rear blade I got most of it.

Then it warmed up Monday and melted a lot, then this week it went from 5* to 55* on Thursday and today. Crazy weather we are having this year. I prefer a foot of snow or more to that ice mess.

Feels like we are on the down side of winter here now but time will tell - glad your doing well and still at it!

Maybe we are on the down side of winter. For 7 years we were feeding a one legged seagull. In Oct it would go away and come back in April when the weather was turning for the better. On his return he would hover at the window then the feeding would start again. Well the seagull came back today. Maybe he knows something.

/ Property Development
A few years ago I lost power for a week from a winter Ice Storm. At that time, my only way to heat my house was from electricity. Once Summer hit, I bought and installed a wood stove and started cutting and storing firewood. Now my house is only heated from firewood. I feel sorry for everyone that is relying on electricity or natural gas, or oil to heat their homes. If you can get it, what will it cost?

That is my fear to. How much will it cost if we can even get it.

A have some hardwood stored but not near enough. Think I will order a truck load of hardwood.

/ Property Development
Here in Texas, most of us think of Montana as the extreme North, and where it's too cold to live. Then there is Canada, an entire Country even farther North. It's just amazing to me how you guys deal with winter up there!!!

We get use to it. We get use to the cold learn how to dress. I was out today cutting for 4 hours. It was -12 c and warmed to -5. At -5 no wind and dry I wasn’t wearing gloves and was perfectly comfortable. But if we get 35 degrees Celsius with humidity with are dragging our buts and you guys find it just right.

In my office life we had a consultant come from Florida. It was winter at -10 c He said man it’s cold. This was not cold for Moncton. -40 is cold for Moncton. He said Man I plugged the car in so it would start, this is just wrong man. My hands are numb. I thought I was going to die when I walked from the car to the office. I said this is beautiful. We were out side for a quick break and didn’t even have our jackets on. He was frozen all bundled up. Lol.

/ Property Development #20  
Montana would be colder than BC or Nova Scotia. Oceans moderate the temperature, even though it may not feel like it. (So do the Great Lakes). Though, they often get more snow near those large bodies of water.