Problems starting

/ Problems starting #1  

Oliverjad

Tractor
Kioti DK 40SE
I have a kioti DK 40SE, last few months it takes about 20 - 30 mins to get started. I've replaced stop solenoid, 3 main fuses on firewall & fuel filter.
Tractor turns over, white smoke fuel smell. When finally gets running it works perfect. Of shut off it will restart, however sitting overnight we're back to the long starting process.... any idea what I should do next to remedy
Oliverjad

/ Problems starting #2  
I guess the first question is what steps do you have to take to get it going? I suspect the glow plugs are not working but curious on what lead you to the fuel and fuses?

/ Problems starting #3  
Check glow plugs and possible fuel leak. Fuses may lead to the glow plugs.

/ Problems starting #4  
Increase the duration of applying power to the glow plugs. They need to run a bit longer in cold weather. Check to see if the glow plugs are getting power. Voltage at the plug should be about 10.5, give or take. If they get power when activated check to see if they're defective.

/ Problems starting #5  
First I’d check the gp’s.. got power.??
Next I’d take’m out and apply voltage.. - to body, + to spade.. start counting..
They should be cherry red by 10 Mississippi..
It’s either gp’s or the fuel is flowing back to the tank..
U can loosen the inlet line to the pump or rail.. & crank the engine.. u should have fuel immediately..
If not, check the supply pump if it has 1..
Next, loosen the lines AT THE INJECTORS and spin the engine... u should have fuel squirting out immediately..
Tighten lines and start engine..
Good luck

/ Problems starting #6  
How many hours on the Kioti ?
Where abouts do you live, what’s the temperature there ?
What have you been using for fuel ?

/ Problems starting #7  
I guess you can tell most of us think the problem is a lack of heat in the combustion chamber, make sure as suggested several times that your glow plugs are working.

/ Problems starting #8  
Last year I had to replace 2 of the glow plug in my 2006 DK45. It had just the symptoms you suffered. A second issue mine has had is a sticking injector rack.

/ Problems starting #9  
It takes 20 to 30 minutes to start the tractor? Are you serious? How can you crank a tractor for half an hour?

/ Problems starting #10  
What are you doing for those 20-30 minutes?
My understanding is white smoke means fuel is getting there, but not igniting. What’s are the temperatures in your area?
Is starter spinning fast enough?
Is fuel treated? Water in fuel?