problem with troy built pressure washer

/ problem with troy built pressure washer #11  
No connection that I know of between Briggs & Stratton and Troy Bilt. As was stated before, Troy Bilt was purchased by MTD (Michigan Tool & Die, in the old days) one of the largest, if not the largest, power equipment manufacturers.

/ problem with troy built pressure washer
i'll see if i can get a pic of the manual and post it.

/ problem with troy built pressure washer #13  
It could be a pump problem as stated, need to check that out. Sometimes you can remove the hose from the pump and relieve the pressure to start them and then try to get the unloader valve to work.
With the Honda, if it is gummed up in the carb bowl the main jet is probably stopped up.
The main jet is located in the bottom of the stem where the bowl bolt screws into.
Remove the carb and make sure the jet is not stopped up. Carb Cleaner sprayed through the jet should open it up.
Honda gas tanks have a FINE screen in the bottom of the tank that won't let water through. Some will get through from the vibration of running. So you always need to check the sediment and carb bowl for water.

/ problem with troy built pressure washer #14  
Some Honda engines, in my case one on a small tiller, have a spark arrestor screen in the exhaust. It gets plugged and the engine will soon stall after it starts as it cannot get rid of the exhaust.
They are made to be removed and cleaned.
Dave M7040

/ problem with troy built pressure washer #15  
i'll see if i can get a pic of the manual and post it.

Sound: Hondas have a low oil cut off on the side of the block. Look for a "Yellow" wire coming out of a small rectangular device on the side of the engine block. The first thing to do is install a new spark plug. (Proper Plug For Engine)

pres-man.jpg

here;s the manual

honda engine

troy bilt name

brigs and straton at the bottom

/ problem with troy built pressure washer #17  
Very odd. It looks like all the Troy built pressure washers have the Briggs name on them. I wonder if MTD contracted out the building of them to Briggs. Both my log splitter and riding mover don't say anything about Briggs (the splitter has the same 5.5 Honda on it and the rider has a Kohler). It almost looks like MTD bought Troy-built when Garden Way when bankrupt and then turned it into it's own company where MTD supplies most of the product sold under the Troy built name.

MTD doesn't list Troy built on it's website but does own it. MTD also doesn't list pressure washers on it's website either. But i know MTD owns other brands, like Cub Cadet that are also absent from the MTD web page. I wonder if MTD is worried that people will assume that if they see the MTD name they will think it's made in China.

i was in a quandry as well, which is why i posted the mtd? ?brigs in question marks.

crossbreed i guess. :)