Check Your Pressure Washer Oil

/ Check Your Pressure Washer Oil #1  

flyerdan

Veteran Member
Tractor
Hyster H50 Bobcat M700
My neighbor gave me a Troy-Bilt pressure washer with, what he claimed was a blown engine. It's a vertical model with a Honda engine, and I know that Honda makes a pretty reliable mill, so I got around to taking it apart the other day. Three bolts holding the cart sandwitched between the engine and pump, engine turned freely and pump was rough. Took it apart and found the rotating group had ate the radial bearing and from the amount of rust on the springs hasn't seen any lube for quite some time. If I didn't already have a better washer I'd ebay a $70 pump and run it, now after replacing the broken starter rope I have a nice 5hp engine for some future project.
100_1087.jpg100_1088.jpg

Attachments

• 100_1089.jpg
    100_1089.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 189
   / Check Your Pressure Washer Oil #2  
Timely thread. I was using my Campbell Hausfield Power Washer on Saturday. Seemed to be lacking power. Had to get close to get it to clean anything. Finally was using it on the driveway. All of a sudden it stopped. Only putting out a little squirt on high power. If I put it on low power, I get a fairly full stream. I'm going to have to see what is going on with it. Was looking at pumps on for it on ebay earlier today.

/ Check Your Pressure Washer Oil #3  
My Troy built power washer quickly after warranty expired lost all pressure but water would flow . removed the 3 bolt mounting and the oil seal #Sc6069 looked like it was installed with inexperienced monkey. ripped where sealed around shaft . Parts place was unable to cross reference the number and then to get one from e bay there was a 8 buck shipping charge or close to 30 for the seal.
Purchased a total replacement pump and upon arrival in ten minutes able to use the washer. with out the problems.
ken